sws626 Bell Bottom Blues guitar lesson review upload

willem

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:32 am

Stuart,, i forgot all about he gives us to whole song,, well we must do some things on our own otherwise we get lazy and is very intresting how far someone can come and taken his bread from other lessons..so and now the solo.. I 'm still on Beatle tunes,,is there some bread we can taken??

sws626

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks, Mark. The visual effect was partly intentional, but got worse in the course of editing the video files. I'll make the lead louder when I figure out what I want to do with it. Suggestions are most welcome.

Glad you enjoyed it, Buddy. I always look forward to seeing/hearing a new post from you.

Thanks for encouraging me to sing, Tony & Michele. It doesn't come naturally for me. If/when I do this again, I think I'll change it quite a bit to give the stage left me more to do on the vocals as well as the guitar.

Glad you found Neil's partial lesson, Willem. I haven't been looking for Beatles "bread crumbs," so can't help you there, but I'm sure there are many to be found among Neil's other lessons. I think that's what you were asking about?? I'll try to post a couple of the solo ideas I'm thinking about to see whether anyone has suggestions.

-Stuart

BobR

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Stuart,

Well done. I enjoyed both your playing and singing. And the video was cool too (maybe brighter next go around). I'll be waiting for your next post.

Bob

sws626

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:49 am

Thanks, Bob. Glad you liked it.
-Stuart

jayswett

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:28 pm

This sounds really nice. It's not easy synchronizing videos and audio like that. Beautiful job, and nicely done.

lueders

Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Sounded cool Stuart!...good solid performance. If I went somewhere and paid to see you perform I would have felt like I got my money's worth. (especially if there were two of you...but is there a good twin & an evil twin?)

Hey this comment is kinda out in left field but, I really like your voice and i was wondering if you ever have tried to either do any Cat Stevens stuff or later Warren Zevon songs like (Keep Me In your Heart)? To my ear, your voice would be perfectly suited for those songs. -Cori

AcousticAl

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm going to start calling you 'the chameleon', Stuart. Your voice totally reminded me of Cat Stevens in this video. (I promise I'll stop comparing you to other artists soon)

I know it took a lot of work in the sync-ing and editing of this song, and it really paid off. Well done!

**Edit- I just read Cori's comment above mine. Guess I'm not the only one thinking about Cat Stevens!

sws626

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks, Cori & Al.

Thanks a lot for listening.

Yes, the evil twin is the one who posts to the forum. The good one just wants to play.

I don't hear Cat Stevens, but consider that a huge compliment (Is that better than sounding like David Byrne?). I've never tried any of his songs, but am a huge fan, so maybe I should. Likewise, Warren Zevon, though I haven't listened to him for ages. I don't think I know the song Cori mentioned, but will look it up.

-Stuart

lueders

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:24 pm

That's too funny...Great minds think alike I guess, Al.

"David Byrne" HAS occurred to me in regard to the tonality of Stuart's voice. (Truly!you can't make this up...well I guess you could, but who would?) Stuart I guess your voice just has a certain authenticity/timbre suggestive of some of these artists. Boy, I am envious! -Cori

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic