>> Todays Student Video review.. - Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Aloud Guitar Cover by MarkM

TGMatt

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Today's Student review is Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Aloud Guitar Cover by MarkM

Posted on the 17th May, available now for all Target members , you can watch it by hitting the menu button for Student reviews or click here..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/master-me ... udentreply

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt

lueders

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:29 pm

I've always liked Jethro Tull but, somehow that song got under my radar. Never heard it prior to your post and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. Listened to the original for the first time and thought you did a real nice job! I'd like to learn it myself... 6/8 time signature? Is that right? Cori

EDIT: Strike that, just watched Neil's review and heard the time signature discussion.* B)

MarkM

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Neil,

Thank you very much for the review. You are correct that I was trying to throw a strum in that section and it may have added a beat. I did do a follow up video with some poor vocals about a week later that was a bit cleaner from a playing perspective. Anyways thank you one again for the review. I really appreciate when you take the time on one of my videos as I certainly learn from it.

MarkM

MarkM

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:48 pm

lueders wrote:
I've always liked Jethro Tull but, somehow that song got under my radar. Never heard it prior to your post and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. Listened to the original for the first time and thought you did a real nice job! I'd like to learn it myself... 6/8 time signature? Is that right? Cori

EDIT: Strike that, just watched Neil's review and heard the time signature discussion.* B)

Lueders thanks for the kind words. As stated to Neil I did do a better (not great) version than the one here. I slowed it down a bit and added some more emblishments to sound more like the original. Please ignore the vocals as they weren't that good.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic