Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:45 am

Amazing!

-David

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:23 am

Thanks

pbraun

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 am

Jay, I thought it was great. I really enjoyed the finger picking, very nice!
Pete

hesser

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:28 am

That was some seriously great picking! I mean it doesn't get any more solid. Nice job. I thought you did a nice job with the vocals as well. I am certainly not an authority on vocals so no advice here, just keep singing away! Wow, did I mention the picking kicked butt? Thanks for the inspiration to step up my game!
Mike

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 am

Hi Jay,

I'm sure I could clear cornfields of crows if I sang this in open tuning.

If your 8 year old is too "sqeaky", then capo it to the second fret and relax your tonsils.

Your finger-picking seems effortless, is this because:
a) you are a genetically modified organism (GMO)
b) you have a natural talent for these patterns
c) you work hard at it
d) you work VERY hard at it
e) all of the above

regards
Pierre

Yamaha48

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:14 am

Hello my friend Jay.

Nice song man,and you play the tune verry good.
Good finger picking,and the video i love it.
Thanks fore sharing with us.

greetz Anton

suziko

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:59 am

Well, Jay, my response is late and everything has been said already. But I'll add my voice to the throngs and say, "Great job! Amazing fingerpicking (as always)." I would love to learn to play this song-it would be great if Neil did a video lesson or do you have good TAB to share? Suzi

Lavallee

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Jay, sorry for the late reply, I had limited access to videos last week (poor internet where I was). Your playing is always accurate, all the notes are clean, you definitely mastered that type of songs. As for the singing, I can understand that the dual focus is really difficult. For the guitar competition I did a little variation of Dust in the wind and trying to learn to sing and fingerpick is difficult. But your control of the pattern is so good, that you could sing at the same time quite easily.

Always like your videos.

Marc

tvarga

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Fantastic fingerpicking! Enjoyed it very much.

suziko

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:43 am

Hi Jay!

I réally wish this was a Target-song, it's just beautiful! Actually I knew it from Nancy Wilson (one of the Heart-sisters, you should youtube it, I think you'll like it! Actually the whole concert, Live at McCabe's Guitarshop is just great! :P ), wich is like Eva Cassidy's cover a great performance as well! She's also a véry good guitarplayer, strumming, fingerstyle, pure rock, she can do it all!

But I agree on Eva Cassidy, she does something emotionally, goes beyond words, but I read that some folks here feel the same way...

But back to you, I really liked your fingerpicking, it's been said by lots of others, but it's the truth, you seem to do it automatically and one really accomplished something if that's the case doing fingerstyle. As for your voice, you have a very pleasant voice, very nice for your listeners, and maybe it's shyness, but you barely open your mouth, if you do, I think you will even get much better! ;)

I was also wondering, I saw Neil's respond to this video (and like I said, I really wish he'd do a lesson, so that I can get the right tabs, the ones on the internet are usually not accurate.. :( ), but he mentioned this chord with a F# in the bass, that it's not a D-chord (wich is very often the case), did you figure out wich one it is?

Anyways, I enjoyed your video of this beautiful song!

All the best and happy guitarplaying!

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic