buddy learning WONDERWALL guitar lesson

buddy

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I had posted up a very early version of this song before Neil put up a lesson on it. I went back and adapted the song to reflect some of the things taught by Neil. Comments and suggestion for improvement would be appreciated.

Bud

tovo

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Bud, I have a suggestion for this one. I spent ages on the riff for this as it's pretty cool I think, a very recognisable riff but to make it really spot on the strumming pattern is crucial.

Try this pattern on the main riff:

DDDDU DUDD DUDDD DUUUDUDU (Pretty sure I have it right..I've split it into the 4 changes)

Play that slow and I think you will hear the riff better. I have to say I haven't looked at the lesson so if Neil has a different pattern..well probably go with his is best, not trying to paint myself as a teacher but just pass on something that worked well for me.

Maybe you deliberately chose to go with a different pattern and that's cool. Just trying to suggest something that might help.

rapsidy

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:53 am

Hi Bud

you pick up songs quick man :)

enjoyed your version, i just thought you could string the words out longer, hold them longer as oasis does e.g. your my wonderrrrr wallllll you seem to cut the words short

thats if you want it to sound more like the original, you maybe just doing a version thats suits you which is fine of course :P

thanks for sharing

RicksPick

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:10 am

Hey Buddy
Enjoyed that very much
A tune I'm trying too

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic