tovo learning Norwegian Wood guitar lesson

coomba

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:20 am

G day Tony
yeah all's been said mate.Just wanted to say well done, I also have found Norwegian wood a challenging tune and I only hope to match your progress one day.Great to see you didn't give up although this mob weren't going to let you.
cheers Scott

sws626

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 am

Hi Tony,

This is beautiful. You must be very proud.

Of course, I know from the forum discussions that this song has been a bugbear for you, but your original posts were slightly before my time and I've just now gone back to listen to them. Your mastery of this song and your progress as a guitar player is just astounding to me. This version shows at once such confidence and control of the guitar and a smoothness and musicality that carries over into all of your other recent posts. As Dennis said, you've not only mastered a song, but become a guitar player. It's a real testament to the philosphy of the Target program and to your perseverence and skill.

I was particularly impressed with the ease with which you now manage the transitions between picking out individual notes and strumming, your ability to maintain constant movement and fluidity in the song, and the economy of your right hand movement.

Bravo, Tony!

And the rain on the roof adds a lovely atmosphere in keeping with the mood of the song. This is now my favorite version of this song, not only on TG but anywhere. If I carried an iPod, I'd definitely add it to my playlist.

-Stuart

tovo

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:30 am

Thanks Scott. Stick with it mate you will get on top of it. I found just leaving it for a while, working on other stuff and coming back made all the difference.

Stuart your remarks are too kind. Thanks. I reckon the mark of a smart person is knowing when to quit while they are ahead but....Give a few people said "hey now for some vocals I played with it this afternoon (I'm looking after my kids on school holidays so have a little time up my sleeve). I wasn't keen to do the whole number again so I added vocals over the top.

PLUS...there's always a chance of the phantom collaborator striking so I'm getting in first.

willem

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:50 am

Great mate!!! No Phantom here,,,ahahahahah.lol. Have fun with the kids..

michelew

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:30 am

Arrr....completion. That's it. Sounds cool Tony.

BTW - who is that strange pommy that you got to accompany you?

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:24 am

Dang! Missed the boat!
Phantom

wiley

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 am

AcousticAl

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:03 pm

That's what I'm talkin' a-boot Tony!

Great pickin', strummin', singin', phantomin'!

Well done. I knew I had to see you nail this tune.

haoli25

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:10 pm

It is even better now, Tony. I really enjoyed watching your video again.

Bill Image

tovo

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:14 pm

I'm quite blown away by the support. Thanks very sincerely.

Willem, thanks again mate.

Michele...my Mother is a Pom...don't tell anyone, I'll risk getting kicked out of the "True Blue" club.

Better luck next time Phantom!

Wiley thanks mate, the comment above should explain the fake English accent.

Al it's aboot time eh! Thanks.

Bill, if you're not the most supportive person on this site (there are more than a few) you're damn close. Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic