tovo learning Norwegian Wood guitar lesson

lueders

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 am

Tovo/Tony (which ever you prefer) You were really gettin' in to that...seemed like you had real good command of the fretboard. Inspiring performance! (Like someone said above) I haven't been here long but... based on your frequent words of encouragement for others, your general positive attitude, and the high regard Bear and some of the others speak of you...I am glad you hung around. (Sorry to beat a dead horse with that but, I enjoy your zany, humor, energy & enthusiasm.) Cori

tovo

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:17 am

Cori either is fine. People who know me actually do call me Tovo so it's cool.

I'm glad I hung around as well.

My humor isn't zany....it's everyone else!

Thanks for your comment, brought a smile to my face.

Craig

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:43 am

Wow Tony! Great job of hard work and sticking to something. I appreciate the effort I know you put into this song. You have it down now and should be very proud of yourself. Way to go and thanks for sharing your accomplishment.
Craig

Catman

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 am

Nailed!!

I really enjoyed that.

-David

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:41 am

There you go Tony! I'm plugged in at the sports centre (the only internet I can get at present) without my headphones so I didn't get the best sound levels but that looked and sounded so much better and is a great improvement and testimony to your ability to work on and push through when it's very tempting to just give up. None of us were born with the ability to play the guitar well, it's all hard work and perseverance. YOu are leading the way here. Well done mate!!

mark

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:44 am

For those of us who have followed the Norwegian Wood saga from the beginning, this is a great day.
The improvement is amazing.
Just shows what can be done with a bit of practice.

abiliog

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:46 am

Tony,
Congratulations, you got it. Hard work and persistence, there's no other way.
I agree with BigBear. You are a great inspiration to how we should overcame our challenge's.
Those three videos of yours Norwegian Wood, are a sucessfull story to tell.
Great job.

Seem to me that your next challenge should be Classical Gas?

Looking forward to hear you, with your Koa friend.

Abilio

tovo

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:04 am

Craig thanks my friend. You are are very encouraging person as well, I'd love to see you a bit more active with your videos so I can give a bit back.

David thanks so much. Glad you liked it.

Chris thanks sincerely. I think you are right, I'm not big on natural ability but I enjoy working hard to achieve a goal.

Mark thank you. I'd love to get to your level one day. I'm almost sad the NW saga is over!

Abilio thanks very much for those kind words. Classical Gas? Always said it was my long term goal...maybe I need to start on it.

michelew

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 am

WOW!!! That was really impressive Tony. The timing was great. The strumming was fluid and loose (the difference is so great in that regard it's almost like you've had a wrist implant). The melody notes were nailed. It felt nice and relaxed and not rushed. Nice ending. And it was all in balance. You had me singing.

A years worth of karma ... oops ... make that pizza points to you mate.

Fantastic - you got it. How does that feel???

I'm smiling big time, very proud.

I loved it.

Right what's next? K2?

Shel

tovo

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:23 am

Hey Shel,

K2 the mountain? Once upon a time it was something a couple of friends and I were keen on...I wasn't so keen to freeze to death or fall to my death so in the end sanity won out!

Thanks on the tune. Yeah it feels good to get on top of it. The ending was slightly wrong, it should resolve with the last picked note being strummed. (I learned that from a friend also). But I figured it was a good improvement and decided to post instead of waiting for a quiet house (almost an impossibility) to do another take.

Thanks for you support throughout and for your very kind comments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic