tovo learning Norwegian Wood guitar lesson

tovo

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:25 pm

I wanted to put my focus squarely back where it should be. On trying to be a better player. I have received a lot of brilliant support to improve my playing from people here. Thank you sincerely.

By the way, the hammering sound is rain on my tin roof. The guitar is my Big Baby Taylor..the Koa is in the shop and I have other plans for introducing it.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Tony,

I don't have the rock or the applauding hands but rather a heartfelt congratulations on a job well done. This is by far your best performance of this song. You should be very proud as your hard work is paying off so much. I thought the individual picking was very clean and articulate. Your right hand was keeping a strong cadence with no wasted motion (I know you have been working very hard on that). I'm the last person that should be giving a review but I thought you did a great job. The only thing I would say (because Neil always says it to me) is that maybe it was a tad quick. As you know I have that issue with most of my songs as many others do as well. No big thing really. I'm so happy that you decided to stay on if for no other reason than to get a chance to see this video. Great job man!!!!! Thanks for sharing. Bye the way that is some rainstorm going on down there. Oh and the baby sounded real good as well. Can't wait to see you unvail the Koa.

MarkM

BigBear

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:10 pm

WOW! Huge improvement! Go back and watch your original video. This song, and your efforts to master it, are a real testament to hard work and commitment to a song that really "got your goat" for a time! All guitarists should be inspired by how you overcame this challenge!

I predict you'll be playing that song for everyone you know, including your grandkids, while telling them the story of Norwegian Wood!

Congrats Tony! You earned it and it's great to have you back with us where you belong!! :cheer:

jayswett

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Brilliant, and I'm not the slightest bit surprised you concquered this song. Many months ago, I told myself that when Tony masters Norwegian Wood, I'll go back and take another crack at Fleetwood Mac's Never Going Back Again. Looks like I'm up. Nice job on this. Can't wait to see your new guitar.

tovo

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Mark thanks. Your strumming is a great example to follow.

Bear, you know that I owe you on this one. You and a couple of others who have the patience and care enough to genuinely want to help people become better players. I mean, it's not like I've conquered Classical Gas or anything and it isn't perfect, but if not for support I would have left it alone and accepted failure on this one.

Jay if that inspires you to have another crack at NGBA that's just great. I was inspired by Rick and Jerry's video to pull this out and try again to get on top of it. Drawing inspiration from others is much of what this site is about I think.

snipe

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Went back and reviewed your earlier version and the improvement was huge! Obviously your efforts have paid off. Keep up the great work!

Mike

Music Junkie

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Tony:

Does my heart good to see that! You have come a long way my friend and your hard work shows. You should be damn proud of yourself and the time you have put in on this great song.

Freakin' diggin' it man!

J

buddy

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Tony, nice job and greatly improved. I did have trouble really hearing the guitar though because of the rain sound on the roof. Would love to hear a cleaner version of it.

Bud

michelew

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Tony, I'm at work and just having my lunch so I'm not able to watch this yet. I can't wait til I get home. It sounds like you've hit it for a six.

d_dog

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Awesome Tony! Man you really have this one down. I'll have to go back and look for your first one, but this one is awesome! You are ready for some vocals next! :) Can't wait to hear the Koa!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic