tovo learning Norwegian Wood guitar lesson

suziko

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:26 am

I'm late coming to this, so everyone has already said what I'd say: really nice job, Tony. You've improved so much on playing this in the past 6 (?) months. Your strumming is MUCH more relaxed and soft. The hammer-on/pull-off combo sounds much, much better and the transition from the melody notes to the strumming is a lot smoother. Now- just add some vocals and stir.

Suzi

dennisg

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:28 am

I can't even tell you how moved I am to see your commitment to getting this song down -- and learning to smooth out your strum is going to help you on a thousand other songs. Aside from that, you're holding your individual picked notes longer, so they don't sound choppy anymore.

You didn't just learn Norwegian Wood; you became a guitar player in the process.

Really, I'm all verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.

pbraun

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:59 am

Outstanding Tony, wow you nailed it I am Green with envey!
Glad you back, this is what makes this site what it is!
Pete

rapsidy

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:51 am

Perfect timing tovo!

I now have another reference point. I am trying to learn this song, I think its a lot harder than a lousy 2 neil has got down for it :dry:

you did a fantastic job and i have seen your original. You r very hard on yourself saying it wouldnt take much to better it, and the ending of this was wrong, it sounded great and only the best would probably pick any mistake, i certainly cant.

A guitar teacher i know of says, IF IT SOUNDS GOOD IT IS GOOD! and that sounded good.

I would love to have your attention to detail, i am slack and think near enoughs good enough. Will have to change that :)

I definately think you could sing that well, its easier than farther and son

thanks for sharing, u gotta love the rain, a good excuse to stay in side and practice.

Brad

BobR

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 am

Tony,

It sounds to me that your practicing has really paid off. I thought you did a really fine job on it. I went to YT to check out the original and then viewed yours again and your timing seemed right on.IMHO

Thanks for posting
Bob

reiver

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Tony

This is great. Really happy for you........but now what are we all gonna talk about!

Congratulations on your stick-to-it-iveness. Job done.

Stuart

Lavallee

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Tony, I do not know what to add , but I am going to say it anyway. I am really impress by your attitude toward this song which I am sure is a reflection on how you do things in life. Sometimes it is easy but not always. You do no give up on things you like. You have worked your way through to a damn good performance.
Marc

tovo

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Suzi thanks, really looking forward to your next effort. Thanks always for your friendship and encouragement.

Dennis the same sentiment to you. I hope you know how appreciated you are and not just by me.

Pete thanks for the kind thoughts, I'm glad I'm here as well.

Brad cheers mate. The error in resolving the song is not something I picked up on myself and it's a relatively small error. You're right though I think. If it sounds OK it's OK. I'm not really that interested in singing this one. It was such a struggle in terms of learning the timing. Having gotten much closer I think I've learned what I needed to from this song and can just play it now as a good reminder of what it took to improve.

Bob thanks for the comment on timing. That was a struggle as everyone has said so I'm pleased to have gotten it down much closer.

Stuart, thanks mate. I know what you mean, maybe I need to butcher another song!

Marc, thanks my friend. I do think persistence is a useful trait to have. I really appreciate your support not only on this tune. Your hard work is always evident in your posts and you are a great motivation for me.

RicksPick

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:06 am

Logged on
Check some posts
OOH some polls, Done,Done
Did I just read that right, NO WAY
Tony's put up NW

AHH Man spot on, Perfect.

Well done dude
Back, and in style

RicksPick

tovo

Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:12 am

Hey thanks a heap Rick. Now I just gotta find something else to struggle over.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic