hesser Never Going Back guitar lesson review upload

Craig

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Great job Mike. That sounded very nice and smooth. Your pinky cooperates better than mine does! :laugh: Keep up the great work.
Craig

mbleier

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:44 pm

I have to agree with everyone else in saying that sounded great. Nice and steady great job.
Mike

BobR

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Mike,
Very,very nicely done. You've got the fingers really working and it sounds good.

Bob

MarkM

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:01 am

Mike,

That sounded fantastic!!! It may be a tad slower as you stated but I could hardly tell. That was very very good. You make that look easy. I tried learning this song a few weeks ago and I have a long ways to go. Great job and thanks for sharing.

MarkM

tvarga

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:20 am

Great job! I too sort-of learned this one back when the lesson came out. It's next on my list of songs to get it right. Thanks for the motivation.

Lavallee

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:03 am

Hi Mike gret video, I find that your notes are very explosive making it sound like Fleetwoood Mac. Great playing. I too had started working on it but got side tracked. Hope it will end up like your version, tricky finger pattern that is.

Marc

hesser

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments. This song was quite a bit different from the others I have tried to tackle here on TG. I found the hardest part being in the 3rd bar where you have your bass notes going between two strings and the melody going between three strings therefore alternating the pinches..... did that make sense? I think that if you have tried this one you will know what I mean.... Anyway, it finally clicked and I kind of go on auto pilot when I play it. Again, I really like the sound of this song it has become one of my favorites. I am going to take Stuarts advice and work on my hand techniqe as well.
Thanks Again!
Mike

suziko

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:16 am

Hey Mike,

Nice job! I was working on this tune a couple of months back but threw in the towel. I got to the part in the chorus with the double barre (where you make a partial barre at the 8th (I believe- i'm not checking the TAB!) with your pinky, and try as I might I just could NOT get those notes to ring true. I'll go back to it again (despite the title) because it's such a pretty song and maybe some time away will make everything fall into place. But yours sounds great- I'm sure I'll be referencing your version when I start working on it again!

Suzi

lueders

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:19 am

Hesser

That's pretty darn good! You made me want to give it a go. Maybe I'd better do some back more preliminary back-porch finger-picking stuff first, though. It does look a little tricky...

Anyways, that was great!

jayswett

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:58 am

Very, very nice. The only suggestion I have is to learn the bridge the he plays in that video with Stevie Nicks. I can supply a link if you haven't seen the video. This bridge is not in the studio version. It doesn't look that hard, and it would add to your performance if you find yourself playing it as an instrumental for friends/family. I enjoyed your video immensely.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic