jcrocket learning to play Duncan acoustic guitar

BigBear

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:45 am

Hey Jeff- another really nice performance! I had totally forgotten about that song and how great it sounded. You did Paul proud!

I don't have any suggestions for you; you've got it nailed! Thanks for sharing and I really enjoyed your performance

Cheers! :cheer:

sws626

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi Jeff,
This is one of my favourite Paul Simon songs and I have to say you did a bang up job. Like Jay, I'm again impressed with your hybrid picking technique, which works wonderfully on this song. Your whistling is a really nice touch too.
-Stuart

jcrocket

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:45 pm

As always, thanks to everyone for the comments.

Bill - hadn’t seen that video, thanks for posting it. I’ll try that suggestion on the G chord - will probably really come in handy on Papa Hobo and the quick jump from G to G7.

Jay - to be honest, the reason I used the hybrid technique is that I’m just starting to learn fingerstyle, and it’s been a slow go so far. I look forward to the day when I can tackle one of Paul Simon’s fingerstyle songs the right way (like the way you nailed Kathy’s Song).

Jeff

MarkM

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:21 am

Jeff,

Loved it. That hybrid picking you do is quite interesting. From what you said you got there by accident. It actually looks harder than strait fingerpicking. I think I would like to incorporate some of that into some of the stuff I'm doing. I wonder what Neil's opinion is on this. It would be fun to see his take. Great job.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic