dennisg Killing the Blues guitar lesson review upload

dekotaj

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:59 am

BRAVO!!!BRAVO!!!

Heather and Dennis what a great job on what looks to be a fun song for you two.Dennis loved that you took the song and made it your own.Enjoyed your outro,the way you retarded the ending was great.I so enjoyed you folk's singing,that I would have love for you to tag the ending.Just so I could have heard more of your fantastic harmony.BRAVO Heather!!!and Dennis as always really enjoy your work.Can't wait to see what you will entertain us with next.BRAVO!!Sir

Kevin

reiver

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 am

Dennis.......and Heather!

Sorry for getting here so late - haven't been around these parts too much recently. Glad I eventually got here though - thought you both did a fantastic job on this song. Really nice arrangement and great performances from both of you. Thanks for sharing it with us.

S

jayswett

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 am

Just watched this again. Fantastic. Heather's smile at the end very clears says it all: "Nailed it!"

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Well I listened to it 3 times in a row and it just got better and better. Beautifully done Heather and Dennis! Thank you for enriching my musical library with that song... never heard it before but loved it. Listened to it on Youtube and like yours more! Nice to know that I share the same aim in playing guitar as you Dennis: to accompany the singing of a song. You nailed it in your comments about singing harmony with someone... I love the entwining voices too. It really is something special and exciting when it starts to flow and gel with someone. You've made me hungry for more and for some entwining of my own! Many thanks and congratulations to you both on a magnificent post.

dennisg

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Pierre: Darn you and your flawless memory! My pinky is till glued to the guitar -- except when I'm using a flat pick as I'm doing in this song. It's been an impossible habit for me to break, although I know I should. Quitting smoking was actually easier.

David: British understatement gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Mike: I wish I could watch my own videos and objectively listen to the music. Mostly, I just ponder what a jerk I look like. That's why it's good to have nice people like you watching my videos, so I get the other story.

Kevin: This is one of those songs that, when you look closely at it, you realize it's really only three chords, so as I kept playing it, I'd hear different guitar parts in my head. (It's surprising, really, that there's room for anything else in my head, what with all the voices in there telling me to buy an Arby's franchise.) Thanks so much for your enthusiasm on this song. We had a blast doing it.

Stuart: I really miss your voice in the forum, but I completely understand why you've retreated. I'm glad you came back at least long enough to view my video and comment on it.

Jay: I think you're right about Heather's smile. She was pretty happy with that take.

Chris: I'm really flattered that you could sit and watch the video 3 times, which is 2 more times than I was able to watch it. I'm totally with you on the issue of vocal harmony. Sure, I love learning something new on the guitar, but there's almost nothing more exciting and rewarding than two or more people busting out in spontaneous harmony. I've always felt so lucky to have an ear for that, and sad as I watch my voice disappear due to age and surgery. But I'll keep singing as long as I can croak out a couple of notes.

cavi

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 pm

its funny, I saw that Robert Plant CD when it came out and was not terribly thrilled with it, but i just went back and listened to that song again, and I have to say, I really like your version and still am not too thrilled with the CD version. You really did a great improvement. On more of jokeing aspect, I hate that you guys sound soo good. I tried for years to improve my vocals and even went as far as singing lessons, but still it is horrible, so I a, jelous!!!!

tovo

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:06 pm

cavi wrote:
its funny, I saw that Robert Plant CD when it came out and was not terribly thrilled with it, but i just went back and listened to that song again, and I have to say, I really like your version and still am not too thrilled with the CD version.
I strongly agree with you Cavi. I had a listen to the CD, prompted by Dennis introducing me to the tune through his video. I wasn't that fussed on the Robert Plant version and I seriously think Dennis and Heather's is nicer to listen to. Can't honestly say that too often and it certainly reinforced my opinion that this is one of the best performances I have seen on TG.

dekotaj

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:18 pm

It's surprising, really, that there's room for anything else in my head, what with all the voices in there telling me to buy an Arby's franchise.)

Hey Dennis,

I had once said that I thought we hand the same music back grounds with brothers who influenced or music.But now its getting a little scary that the voices in our head are all most saying the same thing.Your voice tell you to buy a Arbys franchise.And mine telling me a couple time a week to stop at Arbys on my way to work and get a roast beef and some potato cakes and a shake.NOW that's some damn good fixings. :laugh: :laugh:

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic