webostick learning to play Wild World acoustic guitar

Hydroman52

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:53 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:46 am

Hey Webostick. I'm loving the Cat so I really dug your video. You played it really well in my humble opinion. Very hard to hear for me anyway, I was sitting there with my laptop up to my ear, not a great look!

I could be wrong, it's happened before, but the first bass run seems too long to me, a couple extra notes in there perhaps. The 2nd one sounds right.

Regardless, you play it well, nice for a 1st post for sure. How about doing an introduction in the introduce yourself thread, tell us a bit about you and how long you have been playing etc.

Nice work.

sws626

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:11 am

Nice job, Webostick. I really enjoyed this. Great job on picking out the melody.

By the way, maybe I missed it, but I see you've recently joined, so if you haven't done so already, please swing and introduce yourself here:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/84- ... rself-here

-Stuart

suziko

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:34 am

Nice job! I've strummed through this song before, but the version I do is all open chords. I'd like to try playing it with the barres you're playing- guess I'll see what I can find online!

Suzi

willem

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:17 am

webostick,,great man,,we could all sing with you,,great song to have under the strings and you did!!!cheeeeeeeeeseeeeeee.

snipe

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 am

Good Job. Looks like you have the basic song down.
Thanks for sharing

Mike

BigBear

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Webostick- that was very nicely done! I love that song!

Tony, is right, check the number of notes in your main run or it could be timing but it feels like you run out of time before the next measure starts. But you did a really nice job on alternate picking and changing direction with each stroke. Your second, shorter run was spot on.

Also, and I noticed this on all your videos, you have a bad case of the dreaded "baseball grip". Keep your thumb firmly planted on the back of the neck and don't let it crawl up over the top of the fret board, unless you're playing a D/F# or some similar chord.

This is one of Neil's biggest no-no's (along with using your index finger in an open G chord). And most of us older players have had to work hard to break this bad habit! lol!

Finally, it's great you posted three videos but you may want to trickle them instead of posting them all at once. It detracts a little from each one. It's important to remember that this is a guitar learning site and not just a guitar performing site.

I think you will get more, and better feedback, from a slower rate of posting. And positve, suggestive feedback is what it's all about! Everyone wants the kudos for a great job but becoming a better guitarist should be our goal!

Thanks again for sharing and again, well done!! :cheer:

BobR

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Webostick,

Just wanted to say welcome to TG and I thought you did a really nice job.

Thanks for posting
Bob

AcousticAl

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Clean barres, Nice incorporation of picking out key song parts mixed with your strumming.
Great all round!

But Bear & Tony are right. If you want it exact, you have too many notes on the run in the chorus. Should count 8 notes between chords-- not 10.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic