snipe Thick as a Brick guitar lesson review upload

snipe

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:49 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

My Take on Thick as a brick. Comments welcome.

Thanks
Mike

dekotaj

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:55 pm

BRAVO!!SIR,

Great post.I'm at work right now.Will responded more later.

Kevin

BigBear

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Mike- that was awesome!! I'm working on that song right now and you are waaaay ahead of me!

Can I ask where you got the tab for that? Your version is much better than the GP tab I'm working off of. You have achieved a wonderful rolling feel; just like Ian played it!

Well done and great singing too! Put that one in your bag of tricks! Now I'm more motivated than ever to get this figured out! Thanks for motivating me again!!

Thanks for posting!! Just a great job!! :cheer:

suziko

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Wow, really excellent job! I just finished watching MarkM's video, and here's another example of excellent flatpicking. Someday, I will be able to do that!

Sounds great!

Suzi

haoli25

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:59 pm

As a huge JT fan, that was excellent!! Mike, you, your Taylor, and that song are ready for Open Mic night. You have a very nice feel for the song and great timing. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Great playing Mike, as bear said it you have this great rolling picking action which gives the spirit of the song. I would also be interested by the tab.

Cheers

Marc

BobR

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Mike,

Really nice job on both playing and singing. I really enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for posting

Bob

mbleier

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Wonderful take on a song that I have not heard in ages. It sounded great and the only suggestion I have is to keep sharing more great videos like this one.

Thanks for bringing me back to a great old song,

Mike

Craig

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Mike,
Great playing, great singing, great song! Please add me to the list of people hoping to get that tab version of this song. Very well done.
Craig

snipe

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks for watching it.. Im hoping for neil to do some more tull

Kevin-Thanks for the input. Any comments are greatly appreaciated

Bear, Marc, Craig-Thanks very much for your good words!!! Unfortunately I dont have any Tab that I would recomend, other then free site stuff that you are probably aware of. I watched alot of Tull videos on youtube and a few other people playing it to figure it out. 2 down 1 up on the picking(thats how I do it anyway. If I can help in anyway let me know I'm glad to tell you what I know. Bear, Glad you are motivated to do it. I know you are a big Tull fan. Looking forward to it.

Suzy-Thanks for watching and your kind words.. Greatly appreciated. I know you will get to where you want to go!

Bill-Wow, Thanks! Im honored Sir!

Bob-Thanks very much. Glad you enjoyed it.

Mike-Thank you very much. I agree its a timeless piece

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic