DennisG with niece Shelby doing "Crazy"

dennisg

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Shelby is one of those unusual kids who was musical almost from the moment she popped out of the womb. I can remember her keeping time to music by tapping her hand on the tray of her high chair when she was an infant -- and I can recall her singing every word to Bohemian Rhapsody from her car seat when she was barely three years old.

So when Shelby (she's now 15) comes to Seattle to visit, we spend hours playing and singing together, an activity that -- well, I can't even tell you how much we enjoy it.

On a lark, I asked her if she happens to know the song "Crazy." Turns out she does, so we decided to give recording it a shot, and here's the result.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Wow. I know you are very proud of her Den with very good reason, she is talented and beautiful. I'm certain your Brother is proud of her as well.

Please tell her she made my day.

Oh...your playing was OK I suppose!

takhak

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Dennis and shelby,
I hope you recorded more than one together. That was beaatiful.

MarkM

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Dennis & Shelby,

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! That was about as perfect as one could ask for. I just got back from a crappy meeting and this put a huge smile on my face. I hope we see more from the two of you. Great vocals and as always Dennis is making that guitar sing!!

MarkM

suziko

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Oh. My. God. I don't know what I loved best!! Shelby's amazing voice, Dennis's awesome guitar playing (you killed me with that one bent note towards the end), the fist bump or the guest appearance by Wally! Absolutely amazing. You two looked like you were having a great time and you sounded fantastic together. I loved it so much.

Squeeeeee!!!!

Suzi

michelew

Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Dennis and Shelby,

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

That's a really difficult song to sing and do justice to and Shelby nailed it. Great job! I get the sense that Shelby can do anything she puts her mind to. Hopefully, music continues to be one of them.

I loved your playing Dennis. The arrangement was great, it was beautiful and interesting without overpowering Shelby's singing. Your playing was really strong too. You're a real musician. I hope to have your ease and proficiency someday.

Seeing Wally's little stroll-in part was precious too.

The only thing we didn't see was a guest appearance from Jamie. Maybe your next video should be a group number. You've recruited enough for a band, or a singer a back-up vocals.

I love all of your videos and this was right up there with the best. Keep them coming. It made my morning.

Michele

snipe

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Dennis, Shelby

Thank you for playing my most favorite song in the whole world!!!
What a beautiful voice!!!!!!!

Thanks very much for that

Mike

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Dennis, this is a killer!

It's one thing that Shelby can sing well, but to do it on this kind of tune takes some maturity in attitude, and it leaves me even more breathless than for something in a louder style.

Because I feel embarrassed to say that you, Dennis, leave me breathless, I will refrain. Instead, I will insist that the word "maturity" has it's place here. I mean in the economy of notes played, a kind of melodious understatement.

You did really good, both of you kids, which if said aloud, is also a melodious understatement.

Pierre

Edit: Breach of security ! Who let the dog in at the end !

Craig

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Dennis and Shelby,
Wow! Simply fantastic! The vocals were beautiful and the playing was solid as always. Very impressive. Thank you very much for sharing that with us. I hope you two record many more to share.
Craig

BobR

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Dennis / Shelby

I thought you both did an EXCELLENT JOB!!! Really nice on both the vocals and the guitar.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic