DennisG with niece Shelby doing "Crazy"

dekotaj

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:12 pm

BRAVO!!Shelby & Dennis,

The vocals were amazing. And the playing was amazing.But most amazing is that a 15 year old young lady,would not only have heard of Patsy Cline,But know one of her songs.So BRAVO to you Miss Shelby on that one.Dennis I was kind of surprised that you did a country song.But you always seem to suprise us with the songs you do.Love Patsy songs and you two did a great job of it.Hope theres more to come.

Kevin

songman52

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Kudos to both of you on a great job! I really enjoyed it. Your accompaniment was excellent as was Shelby's singing. That song (a Willie Nelson classic) was a great fit for her.
Keep them coming.

Jerry

Chasplaya

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 am

Shelby, great singing good choice of accompanist also.

Dennis, these recent duo/duets are really great and not being critical but you really ought to consider a small PA to do even more justice for your efforts.

Well played again, keep em coming.

AndyT

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:02 am

I was expecting Wally to perform but I guess his agent didn't get the paperwork done in time.

Very nice. I especially liked your rasgeudo at the end.

Hydroman52

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:12 am

Very nice!

reiver

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:13 am

Dennis and Shelby

Yet another great video. Very accomplished vocal performance from Shelby and, as usual, really good solid and interesting accompaniment from you, Dennis. Can't speak highly enough of this.

Congratulations to both of you

Stuart

jayswett

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 am

You are on a roll with these excellent videos. Your niece sounds great. Your guitar playing has always been very good, but you seem to have taken it to a new level over these last few months. Practice will do that, I guess. That was an excellent video.

Lavallee

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:59 am

Hi Shelby, you have a wonderful voice. You are able to deal with those nuances that makes this song so difficult. I recommend you sing more often with this guitar player.

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:09 am

That was awesome, Dennis and Shelby!

Took me ages to stream it due to my computer issues at the moment- but SO worth the wait.

Encore!

dennisg

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 am

Thank you so much, everyone. As you can tell from the video, Shelby is a pretty special kid -- not just a joy to sing and play guitar with, but a pleasure to be around. Her father (my brother) passed away not long ago, so I'm filling the musical role in her life that her dad once occupied.

Tony: Yes, I am enormously proud of her...and mystified by her musical ability. But if you could have seen her as an infant, you just knew she was going to be musical.

takhak: Sorry, we recorded just this one. But we plan to record a song every time she comes to my city to visit.

MarkM: This was such a fun experience for Shelby that she's already thinking about what song she wants to do next. She's leaning toward Cindy Lauper's "Time after time" because she likes singing harmony with me.

Suzi: I know that when I can elicit a Squeeeee!!! out of you, you're pretty happy. That means a lot to me. Thanks for your past, present, and future support.

Michele: I'm fascinated by the thought of what Shelby will become as an adult. She attends a high school for the performing arts where she's as accomplished at dancing and acting as she is at singing, so I can imagine a career in Broadway-style musical theater for her. I know you like this song very much, and I encourage you to play and sing it -- not necessarily for the purpose of recording it, but just for your own enjoyment. It's a song you can always trot out when playing for other people.

snipe: Although country songs aren't really my bag, I've always had a special place in my heart for this song. It's a great story set to incredibly beautiful music, filling with longing.

Pierre: I hardly know what to say in response to your beautiful post. Shelby and I (and even Jamie) were very moved by it.

Craig: Thanks. I hope I can record with Shelby every time she visits. We always play music together, but this is the first time recording. We had a blast and plan to do more of it.

Bob: This is the first video I've done where I didn't sing -- and I have to say, it was fun to just sit back and concentrate on the guitar for once.

Kevin: Between Shelby's father and me, she's been exposed to various musical genres since she was born, and loves them all. Her favorite band: The Beatles. Her favorite style of music: '80s new wave. When she was about 8 or 9, I got her hooked on the band Oingo Boingo, and she got all her little friends hooked on them, too. This morning I'm going to give her a life lesson in Joni Mitchell.

songman: She seems to excel at songs that ask for a bit of emotion from her, and I envy her ability to project that in her singing.

Chas: I was really interested in your comment about a small PA. What can I get from one of those that I'm not currently getting with my amp setup?

Andy: Nice to see you posting. With regard to seeing my rasgueado, I'll wear longer shorts next time.

Hydroman: Thanks.

reiver: We appreciate it, Stuart.

Jay: I just got back from a vacation where I took my travel guitar with me and practiced this song. I had intended to sing it myself -- but changed my mind when Shelby said she knew it.

Marc: Shelby has picked up my option for one more song as her accompanist.

Al: Sorry you're experiencing computer glitches. That's frustrating. But glad you were persistent enough to stream the video.

willem: It is one of my great regrets in life that I can't see Shelby more often than I do. But I try to make the most of each visit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic