MarkM learning Live Forever guitar lesson

MarkM

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Hide the cats and dogs before watching this. It may be a good idea to remove small children as well :blush: . So recently I haven't been too happy with my playing. Getting a bit too frustrated with some of the more technical stuff. Anyways I was looking at Neil's lesson on Oasis's Wonderwall and noticed that a few folks had done that. I grabbed the cd and forgot how much I liked these guys. I went on Youtube and found the band doing acoustic versions of some of their songs and came across this one. I needed something that wasn't too complicated for me at the moment and this fit the bill. It's all open chords and a pretty simple strumm pattern. I'm sure there are a few timing mistakes as I really just put this together quickly. The singing.... Well I'd hardly call it that. What I wouldn't give for a voice. I put the camera down for anyone that may be interested in the chords and strum pattern. As always I welcome your comments and suggestions.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jayswett

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:45 pm

looking forward to seeing this when it becomes available.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:10 pm

Mark, I was so busy busy in the period when Oasis were at their strongest that I haven't been exposed to much of their music. I had heard this piece only a few times, so I looked it up on YouTube after watching your video.

I find a bunch of tunes by bands of this category are overly produced and too heavy in instrumentation, so they gain a lot when played on an acoustic guitar.

Your consistent strumming is always great to watch, I have nothing to suggest that would improve that aspect of this tune.

I do want to say that you are making fine progress on your vocals, and it adds to the fun that you let it all hang out as you get closer to finding your voice with practice.

Thanks, your stuff is always inspiring.
Pierre

haoli25

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:15 pm

Mark, my hearing must be really screwed up, 'cause I liked both your playing and your singing. :) I think you did a great job. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Mark, you really have a good strumming. Do not worry for your singing, you are doing well and you are getting better at it because you practice. I think you should take the opportunity when you are playing open chord songs to work on your left thumb.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:39 am

Great going Mark! You just need to work on that Manchester accent and the "F*** you!" attitude and you're there! ;-)

jayswett

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:05 am

I was surpised to learn of your frustration given your recent Old Man video, which I thought was excellent. And your playing in this was very good as well. Your singing improved steadily during the course of the song, and was very solid at the end. I will have to take a listen to this song. I'm not familiar with it.

RicksPick

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:40 am

Go for it Mark

Great to listen to

RicksPick

willem

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:54 am

Hey Mark,,i hope you strum forever,,i'm gonna hit this song to my must repetior,,thanks for sharing your frustrating and then strum and sing a song to come out that frustrating thing and did a nice job,,,thanks..keep them coming... B)

wammer

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:07 am

Mark
If you will remember there was a day when you could not sing and play at the same time....Sooooooooooo give yourself props, instead of p__ps. LOL great job. I absolutly love the sound of you guitar.

Tammy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic