neverfoundthetime learning Bye Bye Love guitar lesson

haoli25

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Great job again, Chris. That was fun to listen to and watch. I also really liked the two UFOs in your video. That's a TG first! :)

Bill Image

BobR

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Chris,

I liked that a lot. Your own harmonies sound really good. Other than a couple volume issues I thought you did a great job. You always look like you're having such a good time.

Thank for posting

Bob

jayswett

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:51 pm

"Smooth as butter" says Mark. I couldn't agree more. Regarding the guitar, it does not sound like a nylon string guitar to me. I like the idea of having a music room of my own. My wife and kids would object, I would think, but I can dream.

d_dog

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Wow! A two-fer from Chris today! Really great. It must be winter where you're at, all the "southerners" are posting videos this week.

Craig

Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Chris,
That was fun and great to hear that voice again!...both of them! :laugh: I'm envious of people that have a private music room, you will have a lot of quality time in there!
Thanks for sharing,
Craig

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:07 am

Nice tune, Chris. As you said, you are in your comfort zone.

Good thing, because listening to this helps me feel comfortable too.

And it was also like watching a late 50s science fiction film ("Bye-Bye Love" was published in 1957).

What are the UFOs coming for?

I know ... GUITARS !!!

MARS WANTS GUITARS !

HELP !!

Thanks for contributing to a happy end to my day (night?)

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:34 am

Freaking great man. You always look so comfortable singing , i'm almost as green as Tovo lol.

Maybe a bit of the Dr in the background

AcousticAl

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:32 am

jayswett wrote:
"Smooth as butter" says Mark. I couldn't agree more. Regarding the guitar, it does not sound like a nylon string guitar to me. I like the idea of having a music room of my own. My wife and kids would object, I would think, but I can dream.

I think my wife would APPROVE of me having a music room- out of the way- like a cone of silence!

Sorry, off topic Chris.. Great performance! Don't know how you hit those high notes. Very impressive.

Am also impressed with your strumming. I swore you had a pick, and was surprised, as i remembered you writing that you never use one. I scrolled back to the beginning to see that you didn't! Of course I now realize that The Phantom would use a Phantom Pick!!

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:12 am

Thanks Dennis, it is a great warm up song isn’t it. Saw a TV clip of the Everly Brothers playing this in 1957 (I think) and it was so crisp, sweet and clear and full or energy. One of my favourite live performances ever.

Anton, thank you for listening in my friend, I’m sure that’s a song for you too! And Willem, be careful what you wish for… there may be another one in the pipelines… Thanks for listening!

Tony, thanks for listening. I’m sure my loft would be your practice paradise! No UFOs (although this is Eric Von Däniken country) just the cars zipping by on the road above as I now live in a sleepy hollow of a village a little down in a small valley. I wondered who’d mention them first. You win! Marc reckons it was your relatives on a visit anyway ;-). Marc, thanks…’boot time we had another video from Canada, eh? And thanks Bill, you should hear my mobile phone ringing tune… the X-files… explains all eh?

Steve, sounds like I elicited exactly the right response… many thanks for tuning in.

Michele, now that would make interesting video collab… cut to foot-tapping vocalist in the shower!

Thanks Mark! Thanks too Bob. I have to share the room with Alessandra as she sings from dawn to dusk too so it’s room sharing! When the Tak is plugged in, it can sound very different. I need to get an effects device for it now, that will be fun. Fist time I’ve plugged in about 3 years. Thanks Craig, just offer to share to room and you’ll be fine!

Thanks for listening Pierre! You being the cosmic connection at TG will know what the UFOs were doing!! Glad you appreciated the 50s vibe ;-).

Thanks Chas. Who were you referring to? Ah, the doctor! ;-). Man was I terrified by those Daleks as a 7 year old!

Nope. Definitely no pick Al... not even a phantom one. ;-) Thanks, eh!

RicksPick

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Finally caught you

Stumming such ease
Singing a breeze

Inspirational thanks Chris

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic