neverfoundthetime learning to play Yesterday acoustic guitar

haoli25

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:18 pm

WOW, Chris! Great sound, great playing, and great singing. It was a pleasure to watch your video. Thanks for posting your video. Bravo!!!

Bill Image

MarkM

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Chris,

It's great to see your videos again. It's been too long. That was a pleasure to watch and listen to. The playing was good as always and the singing, well you know what I think about that. You made a difficult song to sing sound effortless. Wow!! Thanks for the 2fer today.

MarkM

jayswett

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:45 pm

Many have said that your performance looked effortless, and that was my thought as well. You weren't hurried, you looked completely comfortable, and the setting was pleasing as well. You once said that you play guitar only so you can sing. Your guitar skills have gone way beyond that. Nice job.

BobR

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Chris,

Another winner. It looks like you've found a "place to hide away" Sound is great, and your playing is as well.

Bob

d_dog

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Really fantastic Chris! So smooth and dreamy, the song I mean :-)
Great finger picking, I love the acoustics in your attic.
Maybe just a tad slower? I know that's my biggest problem, always too fast, that's what my girlfriends says anyway, ba-dum-bump! Thanks I'll be here all week.
Really though, nice work.

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:44 am

I noticed this yesterday but watched it today cos I won't have time tomorrow. I'm glad i watched Yesterday today cos tomorrow never comes its always today then it wouldn't be yesterday at all....

Awesome mate loved the Attic sound and your voice well sublime.. encore encore!!!

AcousticAl

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:05 am

Agree with damian's girlfriends. You're both a bit fast. :)

It would have a bit more emotion slowed down. But was smoooooth and very enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing, Chris.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:06 am

Tammy: Thanks! Yes, the acoustics are really good as it’s a sloping wood roof all around me in a big room so the echo is warm and not too large.

Thank you (and all the others) for saying I look comfortable, I find that quite a compliment and realise its true. It’s exactly how I felt and that prompted me to grab the camera. Believe me, it is not always like this and I’m so happy for these moments where I feel good and things just seem to work. For me it’s the basis for a good performance and as I’ve been practicing too, I was ready to play. Knowing that I would post at least one of the songs meant that you guys were all there in my mind in the room with me so that helped the performance to and it’s great to share these moments with friends who share a love of the guitar, the songs and the pain of the improvement process!

Kevin: Many thanks Kev! I’d love to play with you “live” one day and enjoy the benefits of playing with such an accomplished player such as your self with such a broad base of songs. One day! The room is pure luxury, I know, especially in a country like Switzerland where space is tight and apartments are small.

Tony: Thanks mate, I’m trying to catch up on lost time!

Willem: Thanks Willem, you are too kind! I hope you are getting enough playing time in this summer.

Steve: Thanks Steve, this is probably THE CLASIC song and getting it nailed down in any form is a real winner for the player and listener. I wanted Ale to sing this but she’s moved on from the Beatles (she just became a teenager!) so I ended up singing it. You are right the acoustics and mood were right on.

Marc: Merci Marc! You know a lot more about playing than I do, that’s for sure! I’ve always felt that I can almost play but not quite. Going back to this song helps me realise that am progressing after all.

Michele: Thanks! You have to move this one up your queue. This is right up your street and would sound great on your classical guitar … I think you NEED to do this one ;-).

Dennis: Many thanks for listening in! It’s fun to play for a fellow performer.

BigBear: Thanks for listening my friend! I want to hear more from you too soon. I had a go at The Story in Your Eyes in this session too and wondered what it would be like to bang that one out with you on the 12 string. That would be FUN! Bucket list!! ;-)

Bill: Thank you my friend! You never fail to listen and support the posted videos and I’m SO looking forward to returning the compliment! HINT, HINT! ;-) Hell freeze over first?

Mark: Thanks Mark, I’m determined to get my playing up to a standard that would allow me to join you live without ruining your rock solid rhythm. ;-) One day.

Jay: Many thanks Jay, much appreciate you listening in. The mood was what allowed me to play it as I wanted to. I guess this is the key for a Open Mic night. Once you feel good and you’ve practiced, it’ll work! Made the date yet? ;-)

Bob: Many thanks Bob. Yeah, it’s my place to hide away now! And… its getting better all the time… thanks for listening.

Damian: Thanks Ddog! Yes, a little slower would be an improvement, as always: the camera! Actually on The Story in Your Eyes which I played same session, it really helped as that is a FAST song and the camera helped me get more up to speed.

Chas: Grassy arse mate! You seem to be here, there and everywhere on all our yesterdays. Thanks for listening in … any news on radio kiwi… something coming over the airwaves soon? ;-)

Thanks Al... who could argue with Damian's girlfriends! ;-)

snipe

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 am

I thought the playing and vocals were excellent. And so are the accoustics in the room.
Thanks
Mike

d_dog

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:21 am

Holy Buckets! I'm going to get myself in trouble, it's girlfriend, (singular) not girlfriends. Bad typo, I'm lucky to have one!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic