neverfoundthetime learning Year of the Cat guitar lesson

snipe

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:41 am

Nftt

I thought the way you played it was fine! You play it smooth and your vocals are really excellent. An inspiration to be sure.

Thanks for posting all your work. I get alot out of them!
Mike

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:05 am

Thank you Mike, I much appreciate your kind comments and thanks for listening in!

dekotaj

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:24 am

BRAVO!!Chris,

Not a lot of song I know by this artist,But this one I've heard and have always enjoyed.You did a great job on it,playing and singing.And you play it anyway you want I'm with you on what ever you decide.

BRAVO!!!

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks kev, I always look forward to your feedback.

suziko

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Nice job, Chris! I love that room of yours- it seems so quintessentially Swiss to me!

Your voice is great for this song- very similar to Al Stewart's, whose voice I rather like a lot. I would also recommend you try to put in that piano riff that Neil goes over in the lesson, just because it's such a distinctive element to the song. But otherwise, I love the "unplugged" version of this song!

Suzi

willem

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Chris,,nice inside roof...I listen several times,,then i went to the lesson,,,and find it a great lesson from Neil,,when i try i would add the litlle riff's,,but i like your's very much,,you have a nice rhytmn and pickin intro,,,its up to you self how you want to perform,, but i also think it would be nice for Neil to do some stuff he showed us.

And make peace with the alien he,,they watch you man!!

rapsidy

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:27 am

Hi Chris

that self-conscious feeling is a pain isnt it, but you are a lot better than you give yourself credit. I love your singing, all your vids have sounded great, i stumbled across one of yours with your daughter/grand daughter? and that was awesome!! really liked it.

I loved the acoustics in that room it was different (i'm not into it has to be studio perfect group)

Dont be nervous you do a great job and I can listen to your vids anytime and they sound pretty professional! for ametures, if u know what I mean :S :dry: :unsure:

keep posting
Brad

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:43 am

Thanks Suzi! AL Stewart is one of my favourite performers and I love his voice so that's a nice complement! Yep, the loft is very Swiss as is the Brunnen (horse-trough) and chapel out front and the Barn next door and the cowbells across the field. There are no shouts of "More cowbell!" here I can tell you! ;-)

Thanks Willem! Man you are frightening me: do reckon the Aliens are listening in too? Hope they rock!

Brad. Thanks for listening in. I'll tell Ale you liked her video... I'm trying to get her to do another but I don't play Christina Aguilera or Rihanna too well!

rapsidy

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:23 am

lol yeh that might be a problem :laugh:

I hope you will do another duet B)

Yamaha48

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello Chris.

That sounds realy good my friend.
When i listen to the song,then i go back in the time.
Al steward the album year of the cat,whas the album off the year.
It whas from the 70 ties 76,77??.
I love the way you play and sing it.

Big hand fore you my friend.

greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic