buddy WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE guitar lesson review upload

buddy

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:05 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Lavallee

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Buddy, it sounds very good, your getting to be an expert in cross picking and your strumming is excellent. You have a good balance of intensity between your voice in the guitar sound.

I like it a lot

Marc

BobR

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi Buddy,

Sounding really nice. You seem to have it under control from the picking to the strumming as Marc said. I think your voice is great for this song. Nice setup by the way.

Good Job
Bob

BigBear

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Buddy- that was a really good rendition of that song. You don't sing like Bon Jovi and you didn't try to imitate him. Your voice fit your version perfectly! And your picking was solid too!

Good timing for all us "Deadliest Catch" fans! You could make it a tribute to Phil Harris!

Very nice video! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:44 pm

Excellent voice for this song just perfect. The guitar work is pretty good although a bit fast in my opinion, needs to slow to about 74 in 4/4, plus at the end of the intro its a slide from the B3 to the A3. Apart from the tempo and that one slide its darn near perfect mate. A song I really love. Well done.

jcrocket

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Buddy -

Well done. Have to agree with the others, your voice fits the song well. Nice rendition all around.

Jeff

tovo

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:49 pm

I'm always diggin' a bit of the Jovi Buddy. I thought it was great. One of your best. Have you been working on that a while? That was a great opportunity to bring out the big Garth Brooks style cowboy hat, but I guess your headset wouldn't work!

Thanks for the look, really enjoyed it.

AndyT

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't normally comment on videos, but I had to say a few things about this one.

I really like this song. I worked on it for a couple of months sometime back and never really got much past the intro. Had trouble finger picking it. You did a really nice job of it though. Missed 2 or 3 notes, but no big deal. Your speed was right up where it should be to play this.

Right after the opening riff, you jump into the strumming. As I recall, Jon makes it a bit more of a gradual transition. Of course, he has a band behind him and they can do that much easier than a single guitar can. Still, you might try making the first 3 or 4 strums much lighter to give the impression of 'gradual'.

Good singing. I agree that you sang it for you and not Jon. Good choice. I can't sing like him either, and I'm not so sure I can sing as well as you do for that matter! LOL

Overall, I give it a 7. Its got a good beat and you can dance to it.

LMBO! Sorry.. Had a flashback to American Bandstand.

Really nice job. Keep it up.

buddy

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Thanks all for the constructive feedback and the encouragement. I will try to integrate some of your thoughts and tips into this song.

Tony, sorry no big hat for that song :-) I have been working on it for about a week or so. Once I had the intro mostly worked out the rest came pretty quick.

Andy, with a 7 do I make it into the next round, LOL.

Bear, thanks for checking in.

AndyT

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:03 am

Bud,
I'll go with the audience and say Yes! You're in the next round. You have to get your own ticket to Vegas though. :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic