webtvdan learning Just Breathe guitar lesson

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Condolences mate. Very well played and sung, not a song I'm familiar with but I enjoyed that.

webtvdan

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Thank for the condolences guys. Unfamiliar with the song until Neil added the lesson.
Google’d the song and liked it.

michelew

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 am

Dan,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That's really sad.

You did a beautiful job with this song. It was so touching. The playing sounded perfect to me, the speed felt right and your singing had me in tears.

This is a great tribute to your mate.

Michele

buddy

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:09 am

Dan,

Wonderful job on this. Sorry to hear about your friend, my condolences.

Bud

willem

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:49 am

Dan sorry for the lost,,that was a beatifull touch to do this song for a memorial and you did good on it, i could hear feelings,,not so familiar with the song but sometimes we have enough on a view words to understand,,be well my friend..

jayswett

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:20 am

That was very nice. I like the slower version. I detected one issue that you might consider changing: The part of the song in which you sing "Stay with Me, Let's Just Breathe" should start with an Am. It looked like you were playing a C.

snipe

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:47 am

I thought you played it well and the singing fit the tune. It had feeling!
Sorry for you loss and thank you for sharing
Mike

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:56 am

That was just beautiful Dan! Beautifully sung and played. I'm not ashamed to say you had me in tears by the second minute as I was reading your post at the same time. I had a similar experience two years ago when I chose not to play In MY Life at my brother's cremation. I just felt I wouldn't make it. Your song really moved me. Thank you for that beautiful song and your perfect performance. What a wonderful tribute to your friend. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

dekotaj

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:38 am

BRAVO!!Sir,

What a great song choices for the memory of a friend whom is no longer with us.It's a comfort to one to express there felling for someone who was so close to us and now are gone.This song was just magic sir.Great job playing and singing it.May the lord find a home for us all to play and sing together some day.BRAVO!!!

Kevin

webtvdan

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:39 pm

Jayswett – Thank you!

Your correct – played a C and Am sounds better. The same chord pattern repeats end of the second verse – I’ll change both.

Couldn’t decide if the last two lines of the song were C to F or Am to F. Your thought?

If anybody else has a suggestion – would appreciate the help.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic