AcousticAl More Than Words guitar lesson review upload

dennisg

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Al,

One of the many things I appreciate about you is your persistence in learning a new song. You don't seem to let difficult techniques or unfamiliar chords get in your way. This is another example. Great percussive effect, good timing, and just an enjoyable upload. I'd love to see where this goes.

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:37 pm

I just got a message from Cheryle @ tg saying she removed the offending clip. Good thing, as I wouldn't want that on tg's student channel anyways. The good quality audio upload is still there.

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Al, you are doing very well on the song. Once again, I have learn something from your video (as with Stairway to Heaven and Nothing else matters).

I am working on this as well and I have the tendency to close my hand a bit and hit with my first knuckle to do the snare effect. I am always rushing to grab the next chord. I noticed that you keep your hand open and hit with the tip of your fingers, more efficient.

I actually just review Neil's lesson on the right hand section, and he is showing to have the fingers ready to pluck, not just closed and quickly grab as I am doing, I must have kept the image of the closed knuckles. He says to put the emphasis on the thumb, which you are doing fine.

Love these videos

Thanks for posting.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Regarding the snare effect-- I seem to slap the upper (bass) strings with my thumb to get the effect. My knuckles don't really touch the strings, as you've noticed. The pads of my fingers dampen the higher strings. I don't remember if this is how Neil does it in his lesson, but it seems to work for me.

BobR

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Al,

I must have missed this but I guess I got to hear the audio without distortion. Anyway I thought you did a real good job on this. A few minor oops didn't seem to phase you to much. I even see a few smiles and grins. It looks like that last chord is a b##@%.

Thanks for posting

Bob

Lavallee

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks Al, I worked on it since I saw your video, and my playing of the song has improved already

Marc

d_dog

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:01 am

Just fantastic Al, I have no constructive criticism, it's just great! Very inspired by your hard work. Singing on the next one?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic