AcousticAl More Than Words guitar lesson review upload

jayswett

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:45 am

If you do manage to get this thread removed, promise to resubmit it as it will be helpful for those of us trying to learn this song. I took a look at it when it came out, but couldn't get the feel of it. You make it look really easy, and I'd like to get back to it next week. I have a week of vacation and plan on doing alot of guitar playing.

MarkM

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:13 pm

Al,

Sound issues aside I thought the playing was very good. That style is much harder than it looks and you pulled it off with flying colors. The notes were very clean. Please continue with this as I'd like to see the progress. Great job.

Markm

TGMatt

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:47 pm

No need to remove the thread..

Just post a new video in a new thread when your ready mate ..all good

Catman

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:14 am

MarkM wrote:
Al,
Sound issues aside I thought the playing was very good. That style is much harder than it looks and you pulled it off with flying colors. The notes were very clean. Please continue with this as I'd like to see the progress. Great job.

Markm
What Mark said...I agree with every word

-David

beaker

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 am

Al, great job on More than Words. You just need to get that Barre Chord. It will come in time no worry. Thanks to you this song is now on my "to do " list. I look forward to an update sometime, Beaker.

dekotaj

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:20 am

Hey Al,

Thanks for the song.Sound like you got that technical stuff down real well.Love the thumb slap and the one finger brush up.Give it a nice bet to follow,and brings out the higher register note real nice.A real joy to listen to.BRAVO!!Al,BRAVO!!

Kevin

RicksPick

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Hey Al

Enjoyed that mate
Been looking forward for this to pop up
You got it down
Just another 5 hundred times through, for me
Less for you
Timings sweet
Hey more mistakes needed
If they make you smile and relax
No advice here impressed with the technique

RicksPick

tovo

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:21 pm

yeah it's all been said but I'll say it again. The tech issues didn't stop me appreciating the time put in and I reckon it's 80% there. Once you get those difficult changes and that one tough barre sorted it will be a great performance Al.

What I really appreciate about you is your willingness to show your progress warts and all. Your talent is obvious, and you must work very hard to sort songs out because it doesn't seem to take you long at all. Always look forward to your videos.

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:34 am

Thanks to all that have watched the previous version.

I uploaded a CLEAN audio version at the bottom of the first post-- if you'd like to listen to how it originally sounded before the youtube gremlins got their hands on it! All I did to fix it was lower the audio by 10db using AVS.

Thanks again for your patience.

willem

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am

Al, i heard,,great job on such a beautiful song,,it is stil in progress but you gonna manege that,,glad you found the Trouble gremlins,,this one sound great...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic