cavi Snowflight guitar lesson review upload

cavi

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:45 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cavi

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Been working on this one for quite awhile. This is a bit condensed version for this upload only. I am still playing it slow compared to most versions, but I am a long way from a fast version, and I kind of like the slow version. Now if I could only get over the recording Jitters so I could play it as consistently as i normally do without an audience....

beaker

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Andrew, nice job on the song. Well played. I am unfamiliar with it though, who is it originally by? What is that in the background? Someone working out on a heavy bag? A bird?

Lavallee

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Nice playing Cavi, I am not familiar with the song either but your technique looks good.It is a little difficult to see your hands with the resolution. The other video you did was sharper, did you change your setup?

Marc

Chasplaya

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:17 pm

This is a lovely exercise in arpeggios in triplets from Andrew York. Nicely played Cavi, I play this also and when I get up to speed I stumble and forget where to place my fingers, I'm sure I don't place them correctly half the time, maybe Hector could provide advice on that.

One point of this song though is to emphasis the bass note; if you ever see Andrew York play this he also changes the sound by building the crescendo by moving the picking towards the bridge then brings it back down by moving to the sound hole. This actually gives it the Snowflight effect the wind and the storm going rising and falling.

And hey as much as that Breedlove is nice this ought be on your Nylon string lol. But I know what its like get a 'new toy' and you can't put it down...

snipe

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:34 pm

I dont know the song and im not a very good finger picker, but it sounded correct and accurate to me. Same video issues as the other post
Thanks for sharing your work.
Mike

cavi

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Sorry about the video res, my fault I tried to make it smaller to upload faster I will not do that next time! Thanks for the input.

haoli25

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Well done, Cavi. Not a song I am familiar with, but your performance makes me want to find out more about it. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:35 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Well done, Cavi. Not a song I am familiar with, but your performance makes me want to find out more about it. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image
Hi Bill want the Guitar Pro tab for it or a PDF? If G Pro tell me which version. Or anyone else for that matter; pm me with your email and preference and I'll send it right along.

jayswett

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 am

Lovely song, and well played. Looking forward to more of your videos.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic