cavi learning Blackbird guitar lesson

cavi

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cavi

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Okay, I have made some progress, been playiong with a metronome, I know it might not totally show here but as you all know the recording jitters su**, they are getting better, just not there yet. On the plus side my Breedlove BossaNove guitar is finally here, and it is great, but it comes with a price, it requires you to be more precise than my normal wide neck classical guitars. anyway with it I can now make decent sounding recordings. Finally getting there on the recordings!!

buddy

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Cavi,

This seems to be coming along very well. I have not worked on this song so I can't really offer much advice. The tempo seemed to move along well and your picking is coming through fairly clear. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more of your posts. I have a close friend that his a die hard Breedlove fan so congrats on the new guitar.

Bud

Bud

Lavallee

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Cavi, the rhythm looks good, no problem with the right hand. When your are going down you seem to repeat the chord twice making it go slower, you might want to recheck the tab.

You do not look nervous from my end. The guitar sounds really good

Marc

Chasplaya

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Cavi, I've not really tried this one out yet, although its on that never ending list! That sounded just fine to me clear picking good tempo throughout. Nice sounding guitar there also.

snipe

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Ditto with what Marc said. The video was not focused? or is it just me? I couldnt see what your hands were doing very well. Anyway sounded good and nice guitar

Mike

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi Cavi,

Nice work on 'Blackbird'. The more I hear Breedloves, the more I like them.

Couple of suggestions, if I may...
I don't think your video is out of focus. I think it's just recorded at a lower bitrate (quality). I'd check your settings and see if there is a better quality you can record at. It would help us see your fret-work better.

Speaking of which, I noticed you're playing 'Blackbird' with your index finger (and not your thumb, as Neil suggests). I did a post comparing the two ways of playing and Neil also did a review of it in the Student Review Section. Check it out if you're interested.

Lastly, as Marc said, you might want to double check the tab. You seem to be adding in extra bars here & there.

Looking forward to an update.

willem

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 am

Hello Cavi,,''blackbird'' a must to learn and can do it several way's i don't think like the others you put in exstra bars it seemed to me you forgot some bars,,but i think its the nerves,,you have a nice tempo so a bit relaxing and you got it down,,nice guitar you have there..thanks for sharing..

EDIT: i come back on my words on 0.29 sec you put in some exstra stuff..

AndyT

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:10 am

Maybe its just my machine but your video is very pixellated. Its hard to see what you are doing. But the sound came thru with no problems!

Keep up the good work.

jayswett

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:19 am

I enjoyed watching that and am reminded that I need to go back and re-learn that song. I agree that it's a must learn for all beginning guitarists. You are well on your way to having that song mastered.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic