webostick Beware of Darkness guitar lesson review upload

TGMike

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:52 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:37 am

Sounds good. You have the emphasis on the 1st beat and your changes look very solid up and down the neck. It's unfortunate that the picture and sound don't match very well, there seems to be a lag. But from a sound perspective, sounds good.

RicksPick

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:31 am

Hi Webostick

Sounded clean to me well done.

RicksPick

Lavallee

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:12 am

Hi Webostick, you have no problem with the bar chords and the smooth strumming, sounds very good. I think you are ready to move to more challenging songs.

Marc

MarkM

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:01 am

Nice song!! I've been debating to learn this one for a while now. I thought you did a very good job on the chord changes and everything sounded clean. I watched your video a few times and to my ears (which isn't the best) it sounds as though you sped up the tempo about halfway through and then again near the end. Also, depending on what sound you are after, I would maybe accentuate more on the bass notes from time to time. I'm not sure if you were trying to learn this from the All Things Must Pass album or not. The studio recording of this isn't the best to learn from. However if your not aware there is a acoustic only as well. I've put that in here below. Anyway thanks for picking a great song!!! I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

MarkM

dekotaj

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:03 am

Bravo!!,Sir,

Very well done.Harrison was my favorite Beatle.Love the songs that man did.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:17 am

Sounded good to me Webo. Well done! You strum well and have no problem with them there barre chords. I'm embarrassed to say I don't really know that one from George Harrison. Love to hear it sung.

michelew

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:18 am

Webostick,

Nicely done. I wish I could move between barre cords that fast and that cleanly. I think you've got the song pretty well nailed.

I just listened to George playing it. He plays it more slowly and uses dynamics more. I think both of those aspects give it more intensity.

If you're anything like me performance nerves are probably making you play it faster than you normally would when you're relaxed. If you haven't already give it a go. Given how comfortable you look, have you tried singing it?

Very nice job.

Michele

BobR

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 am

Webostick,

Looks like quite a barre chord workout which you seem to do very well. On George Harrisons Acoustic version it sounds like he's strumming a bit lighter than you are, but that might just be my ears and he's singing also. Anyway it sounded really good to me.

Bob

willem

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 pm

envious on your barre's and clean sound,,Harrison made a lot of nice songs,,thanks for sharing and keep them coming..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic