webostick Mr. Bojangles guitar lesson review upload

dennisg

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't want to wear out my welcome, but I am sort of having a lot of fun figuring out how this video uploading works, and how best to record. I am getting a lot of inspiration from what others are doing with playing and singing.

This feels like a big step for me, because I don't sing. I'd like to sing, but I don't even do kareoke when I've had a few. So this is a first try. Only thing more stressful than public speaking is singing in public. But I am finally getting around to trying a lot of new things. Thanks for your help along the way.

Wally

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi Wally,

First up, kudos (You guys say "props" right?) for having the courage to put yourself out there with the singing. Like many people here, I actually think you have a pleasant sounding voice, once you figure out phrasing and get some confidence it will be fine.

The one point I have it that you played it kind of staccato, and that made the phrasing really difficult for you. I saw on a couple of verses you were struggling to fit the words in. That would be really helped if you let the notes ring and flow a bit.

Once you FEEL the tune a bit better you will be away. I'm no expert mate, just my thoughts.

Cheers.

Lavallee

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi Wally, I think you really have the voice for this song. Once you have memorized the lyrics, it will be easier (from what I hear ).

Marc

Craig

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Wally,
Congratulations on singing in your video (something I still haven't done!). I would agree with Tony and Marc on the phrasing and also on the fact that your voice is much better than you give yourself credit for... you can kareoke without having a few! :laugh:
Craig

BobR

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi Wally,

I give you all the credit for posting a singing video. I think you have the guitar part down pretty good, I don't think you looked at your left hand once. The tone of your voice sounds really good, but you seemed to be rushing a bit to fill in the words. I don't know but if you played slower maybe it might fit better.

Good job!!

Bob

buddy

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Wally,

The first time is the hardest, keep them coming !!! You have a nice full voice.

wammer

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Wally

Thanks for posting......Its very hard with that dang camera in your face...I get it LOL
Maybe play along with the song to get the phrasing together.....(just a thought)

Tammy in Ontario

snipe

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:10 am

Hey Wally-

Way to go Bro! You did fine!. You'll smooth it out with some time on it.

Thanks for sharing
Mike

dekotaj

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:38 am

Bravo!!Wally,

Great job.Dont stop singing,you've got a good voice.Just like playing,just got to keep at it.

Kevin

leeson

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:19 am

Way to go Wally!

I have been meaning to learn that tune for a while and I think you have inspired me to do so. Keep it up.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic