webostick Mr. Bojangles guitar lesson review upload

AcousticAl

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:07 am

VERY good job, Wally. I admire anyone that can sing and play at the same time. And though I've never tried the song, I assume it's not an easy pattern to keep steady while singing.

Can you do me (us) a favour and upload another version slowed down? I think this would not only help with the phrasing and staccato that others have mentioned, but would also give the song more emotion that it calls for.

Thanks for posting.

dtaylor

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:07 am

Thanks to everyone for words of encouragement. There is a lot to work on and improve. One real important thing is to really learn and memorize the lyrics, so I can lock in the timing and phrasing. I was muting the strings with my right hand on picking, because a full strum seemed to drown out my voice. Thanks to Neil for his critique. I will try to loosen up and get freer in all aspects of playing and singing the song. It is a wonderful "story" song that lends itself to many ways of presentation and tempo I think. I watched some YouTube of Jerry Jeff Walker, and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (they made it popular, but JJW tells it from the first person POV).

I'd like info that is probably already on this forum about how to get the best video and audio recording for uploading. Can you direct me to where to find that information? Some of the posts are so clear and high def compared to what I am able to record.

Yamaha48

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks Wally fore sharing your video with us.
You make a good start,and it sounds nice.
Playing and singing do it over and over again.
I like it,thumbs up fore you my friend.
im looking foreward to antother video from you.

greetz from the Netherlands.
Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic