Webtvdan - Just Breathe Take 2

willem

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:52 am

Great Dan,,today your the man,,loved(like Tony)it,,and nice to know about your mike,,you record the sound in audicity then??,,suggestion...non..you make it your song..

webtvdan

Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi Willem

I use a Logitech webcam for recording the videos. In the “Mic” setting direct the Logitech Quick Capture software to use the “USB Microphone”. The Yeti USB Microphone does not come with any software – strictly “Plug and Play”. It’s identified by my computer simply as the ‘USB Microphone’.

I’ve tried video editing software – always seems to degrade the sound.

Use Audacity extensively for learning the songs. Isolate difficult passages and slow the tempo without changing pitch. Constantly using that function!

Not sure how I’d use Audacity with my webcam?

rapsidy

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:59 am

Dan your the man B)

This song has become my al time favourite song it is just beautiful to listen to.

you did a supurb job, liked the first version,the second even better your new mic works

thanks for sharing

Brad

sws626

Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:02 am

Hey Dan, this is terrific! Your playing is very smooth and you voice pulls it all together wonderfully.

I've been working off and on at this song, so know it has some tricky aspects, but you make it look very easy.

-Stuart

p.s. The mic sounds good, too, and seems positioned well to capture both your voice and the guitar.

webtvdan

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks,

Yeah, some tricky parts – the most difficult for me to learn was playing Dm with my 4th and not the 3rd finger on the second string. Using the 4th finger is required in one section of the song – so found it easier to play the entire song that way.

The intro section with the transition of the 4th finger to the fifth fret is not a slide – which I wanted to do. I can still hear one slide in the ending.

Thought I would have the song - yet when recorded -could hear several errors. Using the webcam for practice helped me isolate problem areas.

Looking forward to moving on to another tune - probably something by Clapton.

hesser

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 am

Nice job. I really enjoyed that. I have found it a tough one to try to play and sing to. Nice consistent job on the picking as well. Thanks again!
PS Might have to look into that external mic!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic