buddy learning to play GOOD PEOPLE DRAFT 2 lyrics and acoustic guitar

buddy

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

ROUGH DRAFT 2 WITH LYRICS

So here is a work in progress with the lyrics. I have don't have the words memorized yet so I am reading them as I sing and play. I missed a few notes and missed the ending as well but I wanted to put it up with its warts and get some good constructive comments and observations on the playing and singing. So tell me, what is working and what do I need to change? I am finding this a very difficult song to play and sing because of the syncopated beat.

Thanks to all,

Bud

willem

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:19 am

Howdy Bud,i think its not a easy song i saw a litlle standaard notation(musicnotes.com),i saw it was played swingtime and the melody has syncopated words,,saw not the whole thing(only one page),,i saw it was a three chord song and that look very intresting all overthe fretboard and the pickin thing,,must say you are a litlle more on your way,,

tovo

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:03 am

Hey Bud. This is clearly challenging...I can see it on you face, you are really concentrating on it. You are challenging yourself with a tune that is difficult for you right now and that's good I think. Your voice is always good, best when you let it flow. Some of the chords aren't as crisp as you would like I think, but all I can say is in my opinion you are on the right track and getting there. It's a cool tune and you will do it great in the end.

beaker

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:27 am

Buddy,
You are flying now! Your song sounds great. Good for you for singing it too! That is really tough. Jack Johnson has a way of fitting in so many words in his lines, it seems like you really gotta know the words for it to get smooth. Nice one! Beaker.

buddy

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Beaker,

I wanted to thank you for your suggestions on the first video I put up as they really helped me along. Your thought on really focusing on the bend made a big difference and helped me to slow the whole song down and your correction on the chord transition in the bridge helped also.

Thanks again,

Bud

buddy

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Willem,

You always have an encouraging word and I always appreciate your thoughts.

Tony,

I guess it does show on my face, looks like I am having gas pains :-). Your encouragement and the encouragement of others that work so hard at playing means a lot.

Bud

willem

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 pm

I've looked now to the lesson from MattB,,great lesson,,and saw the song has 4 chords,,great strum feel and nice licks,,thanks MattB and Bud(dy)..

rapsidy

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 am

hey bud

I have said it before but i am amazed how quickly you can turn out a song and whether or not its studio perfect you manage to make them sound good and to the normal listener sounds great, only the pros could pick up the mistakes and that certainly aint me.

I enjoy all your songs and you are an encouragement to me to keep working hard. You must be due to provide an original song soon B)

maybe the target guys could make a special section for original songs, knowing me they probably have and i have just not seen it yet :silly:

keep it up bud

buddy

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Rapsidy,

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic