>> Todays Student Video review.. - American Pie - Damien

TGMatt

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Today's student video review by Neil is now live for all Target members..

You can check out the reponse to American Pie by damien by clicking the Student video review menu button

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt

tovo

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Great job Dog. Can I go a little "wise old sage" on you all and encourage everyone to check out this review along with all the others Neil does. I'm sure most everyone does but just in case. There is SO much information in that 3 minutes or so which is why I'm convinced it's one of the best things about the site.

OK sermon over (sorry Andy...encroaching on your turf! :) )

d_dog

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Thank you very much Neil. You are correct, this was quite a few months before I joined TG. Your advice is well received. Some of that walk down/passing note advice I have since learned from playing The Two of Us lesson. I'm still working on that G fingering, I'd say I'm half way there, meaning I do it "right" about half the time :-) I doubt I'll post a follow up, but I will employ these tips on future playing, thanks!

Thanks again, for everything you do.

Thanks to you too Tony, I agree, these tidbits of information on video reviews are immeasurably valuable.

Cheers!

mcfingers

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Damien, I had forgotten how nice your voice sounded in the song. I agree that there is much to digest from Neils review. My favorite suggestion, which I plan to implement immediately, is to start twinkling around with melodies and fills. I love that adjective. I think I have been a closet twinkler for years anyway.

Great job on the song and great review.

best wishes,

"Who knows what music lurks in the hearts of men...?

....The Twinkler knows!"

jayswett

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:51 am

I liked this student video alot when it came out, but loved it this morning. I agree that Neil's comments are worth watching, as usual.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic