juanlla learning "Is there Anybody Out There?"

juanlla

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 pm

I'd like to receive feedback on this.
thanks
Juan

Lavallee

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Hello Juan, how did you upload your video?

Marc

tovo

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:45 pm

It will be fixed up soon enough I expect but in the meantime here it is. Great job in my opinion Juan:

Lavallee

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Sounds very good Juan, a few rushed section but well balanced. For practicing purpose , you could have a look at the Neil's fingering for the 2 and 3rd measure (in the lesson notes) which is an alternate way , allowing the strings to ring longer.

You did a very nice job

Marc

buddy

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Juan,

That was just wonderful. Your hand position is good and your finger picking was very clear and smooth.

fantástico !!!!!!

Bud

michelew

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 am

Juan,

I agree with the others, very nice job. Your finger-picking sounds really smooth and even. There are a few places where it is a little rushed, mostly the slides, but I suspect that it is just nerves.

I suggest you try and make some of the melody notes a little louder as they are getting a little lost in the arpeggios. And if you want to up the challenge, try Neil's fancy fingering (as Marc suggested). I learned a lot from practicing those sections. It helps with finger independence too.

Good job and fantastic first post.

Michele

AndyT

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:13 am

Very nice. Good hand position on the right except for your wrist. I know Neil says to bend it a bit so that your fingers face more at a 90deg angle to the strings, but I think a 45deg angle is better. Less stressful on your wrist, helps to avoid tendinitis.
Good timing, but let the notes ring a bit more freely.
Try and use a bit of dynamics (volume) on your first beats every bar to give it more character.

A solid play through. Very well done.

jayswett

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:36 am

That was excellent. I love that song more every time I hear it. If you haven't already, I'd suggest learning to play "Brain Damage" as the fingerpicking pattern is a bit more complicated than the arpeggio pattern required of this song. Not much, but a little. It seems like the next logical step if you like Pink Floyd. This was a very good video and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

lueders

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:47 am

WELL DONE!!!
Crip,clear tone, good-timing, and all the other stuff great performances are made of.
I thoroughly enjoyed this post. I think I'll give that one a try one of these days, you made it look effortless. (even though I know better...)

juanlla

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks for all your comments & suggestions, I'll try the suggested fingering and try not to rush next time.

Marc, regarding your question on how I uploaded. I honestly don`t really know. I tried several ways. 1) uploaded on Youtube and attached the link, 2) followed up the directions and used a uploading program I found in the forum section. But I don`t know which one ended up working.

If you can provide guidance that'll be great.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic