lueders learning telephone road guitar lesson

lueders

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 am

This place is cool...where else can you subject people to off key renditions of Steve Earle tunes?...and then still get BOTH positive and constructive feedback. Thanks everyone I sincerely mean that. You're good folks.

Jeff, jayswett, & Budster ( Budster-I think that one is gonna stick.) I especially would listen to any and all suggestions you guys have about singing. (snipe, too)You guys definitely know what you're doing. I want to learn all the proper breathing techniques and all that kind of stuff.(I'm clearly untrained.) I'll keep working at it.

Lavallee: Thanks man! You ain't too shabby of a player yourself.
Three cheers for the Mighty Red Maple Leaf!

BobR: You're always encouraging and positive.Thanks. p.s. I dare you to sing one!

Tony: Believe it or not I'm a Yankee. A big cornfed midwesterner... actually Illinois
("doo doo lookin' out my back door") But one of these days I'm gonna go "Waltzing
Matilda", play my homemade didge, and eat a lot of vegemite sandwiches. Love your
Aussie slang thread, I am getting an education.

michelew

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Cori,

Fantastic job on playing and singing at the same time. There are so many things to get distracted by and you pulled it off. Your singing has a great style and enthusiasm to it and I think you hit a lot more notes than you missed. I'm certain that if you keep doing it and maybe get a little coaching, your wife will be swooning at your singing in no time. You've done the hardest bit already the rest is practice and knowing what to do (I'm sure, not that I know what I'm doing either, I'm at the beginning of my journey too).

Thanks for the post. It was fun.

Michele

lueders

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Michele,

Thanks for your encouraging words! Still completely blown away by your Pink Floyd! You are a pretty mean finger picker! Gives me another goal to shoot for...
Been working on a Tori Amos song "Winter" (fingerstyle) & Bohemian Rhapsody (also fingerstyle)...so I might ask you for some pointers one of these days.

Thanks,

Cori

juanlla

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Great Job,
I've never heard this song, but sound great. Good job on keepin rythm & singing along.
Really a nice job.

Juan

BigBear

Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Cori- you picked a song I absolutely have never heard before but it was a lot of fun. I agree wholeheartedly with Jay or whoever said you sound better than Steve!! although that might not be high praise lol!

You kept a really solid beat throughout the song and especially while you were singing. Do your students know you can sing AND play the guitar? They may think you are much "cooler" than they gave you credit for! lol!

Take care buddy and really nice job! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Good work Cori... no problem for you to chew gum and walk same time! Keep it going!

willem

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Hey Cori,,better to late then never,,keep on singin man,,i know it was your training to hit ones ''ANGIE'',,don't know''telephone road'' but don't call us,we call you!!! thanks for sharing..

MarkM

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Cori,

Well done!!!! I don't know the song but really enjoyed your performance. The playing was very solid and the singing was really good as well. You looked very comfortable doing both at the same time. Something that I have a hard time with. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more of your videos.

MarkM

rapsidy

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:58 am

Hi Cori

Hey I really enjoyed that! I also listened to under the bridge, hhmm I think your wife needs to be more encouraging :laugh: :unsure:

You seem to be right where i am at, except you can play really good, i cant do either yet!

I too want to learn and improve the singing and what buddy said is encouraging and makes a lot of sense to me, its all about hitting the right key, and learning how to do that.

You definately aint bad and with confidence and practice you will be doing duets with wife in no time, under the bridge in parts???

just keep belting it out and practicing and u will get better and better etc.....

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic