lueders learning telephone road guitar lesson

lueders

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:26 am

Hello everyone...
This is a Steve Earle tune off his El Corazon album...
it has a pretty simple repetitive, almost annoying guitar part...
I always liked this song, though. And am posting this so I could work on doing a little singing and playing at the same time. It is a big hurdle for me...(My wife who sings well, makes fun of me in this regard quite frequently.)And as you can tell,she's correct... I don't have much for pipes. But, I figure if I don't work at it at all I won't be able to maximize what I do have or get any better. So I am mainly posting to see if I can sing and play at the same time. Plus, it's kinda fun just to try...

jayswett

Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:33 am

Frankly, I think you sound better than Steve Earle. I heard your wife singing on a differnt video, and yes, she can sing.

Yamaha48

Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Hello my friend.

That sounds good mate,with a coupel of barr chord.
I think the same chords in Hit the road jack??.
Good rithem part.
thumb up fore you.

greetz Anton

buddy

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Lueders,

I wanted to encourage you with your singing. You seem to be implying that you don't have a good voice. As I listen to this I think you do have a good singing voice, you just have not learned to use it yet. Their is a big difference between not having a good voice and singing off key. I think you just need to keep on singing and your voice will come out more as you train your vocal chords to hit the notes in the correct key.

With all that said, just keep going for it and you may be surprised as to what develops with your voice.

Bud

tovo

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Cori I've been down the Copperhead Road but not the Telephone Road...didn't know this or any other Earle tunes. Always enjoy being introduced to new stuff.

I support what the Budster has said, I think you just need to keep at it. You sing in that style that I, as a "foreigner" associate with America's South. Where are you from? It's such a big country the USA with such a diversity of accents and styles.

Thanks for the look. Good job to play and sing at the same time, not easy.

BobR

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Cori,

It's amazing how many songs I don't know. That's what's great about this site. Playing and singing is very hard for me (and anyone else in hearing distance) I am trying too but you're posting so kudos to you. Keep on playing and singing :woohoo:

Bob

Lavallee

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi Cori. I always like your stuff, it is always fun. You are a good player and your singing is much better than what you say. It is a good idea to work on something that you can play without thinking so you can focus on the singing.

Marc

jcrocket

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Cori -

Good job, I really enjoyed that. You seem pretty comfortable singing and playing at the same time. I agree with Buddy, the more you keep at it, the more proficient you'll get at hitting all of the notes - meanwhile, you have a nice voice to work with.

Looking forward to seeing more like this one.

Jeff

snipe

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Cori

I really like your song choice. And I think Mr. Earl has a realllollyyy gorgeous wife. Any way I digress as they say. I think you have a fitting voice. Please continue to work on it cause I think Its gonna work out!! Carry on smartly!
Mike

AcousticAl

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:21 am

Hi Cori,

As I just wrote on Wally's 'Bojangles' upload- MUCH admiration for singing while playing. And this song suits your voice. This song is new to me as well. Thanks for the introduction!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic