>> Todays Student Video review.. - Jayswett - Kathy's song

TGMatt

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Today's Student video review by Neil is now live

jayswett Kathy's Song can be accessed by clicking the Target Student video review button

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt

buddy

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Jay,

That was great, you really have that alternating base down !!!!

wammer

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Jay you really are a pickin machine

My question to you is..............You now have a number of different song on here that you play.(pick) when you go from song to song is it hard for you to remember the picking pattern and is it hard for you to learn a new one. The reason I ask is that my mind seems to wrap itself around a pattern and my fingers refuse to co operate to go forward and on to the next.

Tammy

Yamaha48

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Jay fantastic how you play this song.
How many houre you sticking in this tune?
I think a lot.
Thumb up fore you my friend.

Anton

lueders

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm

GREAT POST! You made that look easy but I bet you put some time in on that one. (And, if it didn't take you all that long to master...I am insanely jealous.) I think you should change your name to Merle Travis. Like buddy said, you got that alternating base a workin' purty nice pardner.

michelew

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:14 pm

You play this SO well Jay. It is a real pleasure to listen to.

Michele

Lavallee

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Glad to hear and watch again, Jay.

Marc

jayswett

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks for the review, Neil. I like the challenge and I will gladly take it on. I definitely need to work on improving my ability to hear notes properly.

Tammy, Many of the fingerpicking patterns are different as you said, and it often takes me a minute or so to figure out the pattern for any given song. Actually, I'm not really figuring out the pattern again as much as I'm trying to locate the area in my brain where the pattern is awaiting re-discovery. It's a little wierd. An example is Scarborough Fair. If I haven't played it in a while, I'll put the capo on the guitar, then mess around with the right hand until poof! the pattern suddenly appears and I can play it. This probably isn't making any sense, and I'm sure it's not helpful, but I'll see if I can make better sense of it and get back to you.

Anton, I probably had 3 or 4 hours into that song before I made the video. It's a fairly simple Travis/alternating bass sort of thing. At least the way I played it. Mr. Simon and Ms. Cassidy played it in a far more intricate fashion, I'm sure.

Catman

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:34 am

Nice work Jay!

blindshine

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:24 am

Jay
a true treat to my ears to once again listen to your fingerstyle.

Michael

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic