>> Todays Student Video review.. - Jayswett - Kathy's song

jcrocket

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:32 am

Jay -

Fantastic job on one of my favorite picking tunes. You really set the bar high with this one.

Jeff

jim56

Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:51 am

Hey Jay,

You da man, my goal is to learn to fingerpick as well as you. Good job on the song.

wammer

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Tammy, Many of the fingerpicking patterns are different as you said, and it often takes me a minute or so to figure out the pattern for any given song. Actually, I'm not really figuring out the pattern again as much as I'm trying to locate the area in my brain where the pattern is awaiting re-discovery. It's a little wierd. An example is Scarborough Fair. If I haven't played it in a while, I'll put the capo on the guitar, then mess around with the right hand until poof! the pattern suddenly appears and I can play it. This probably isn't making any sense, and I'm sure it's not helpful, but I'll see if I can make better sense of it and get back to you.

Jay I know exactly what you are trying to say...You answered my question spot on.....That is how it is with me and I just wanted to make sure I wasnt alone.....Lol I was getting a little worried there thinkin there was no more room and the stuff that is in there was getting all miss filed LOL.Thanks for taking the time.

Tammy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic