lueders learning to play Bohemian Rhapsody acoustic guitar

lueders

Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:51 am

Hello again everyone, (don't worry I don't try to sing on this one)

This take: # 1 of Bohemian Rhapsody. I got a long, long, long way to go with this one. I'm gonna try like heck to get all the parts down...and take it slow in sections.
I really like these ambitious projects (probably over-ambitious)
Like I said, this is the first installment in what I hope will be the whole tune.
(Putting it up sections helps me stay a little more focused.)

* Lately it seems to me a little bit like I've been a post-a-holic.(Sorry about that. I don't want to abuse your time or patience) Its just that I teach and school starts tomorrow. I'm gonna be super-busy...and probably won't get much time for my T.G. habit once that crazy train starts a rollin'...

Thanks in advance>>. Cori

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:04 am

Hey Cori. Pretty cool. I think you should definitely continue to polish that up, it will be an impressive tune to pull out. Of course everyone will want to sing along which presents 2 problems usually, firstly nobody knows the words and second, nobody usually has the range to sing it...so your good playing will be even more important!

willem

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:38 am

Cori,that impressed me,,hope you make this to an end,,and i really hope Neil want to make a lesson on this in a instrumental way,,its in the recommend a lesson so you can vote on it if you did that already,,i really like your .56 seconds effort,,great,stay on it,,

Maybe a tip,,look on YT Edgar Cruzz!!!

michelew

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:16 am

That's one big project. You're off to a great start. Have fun. Good luck with school starting.

Michele

Lavallee

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:47 am

Cori, this is a heck of of tune. You seem to be doing fine so far. Doing long term project with songs that are over our head is what I think moves us to the next level. Playing in the comfort zone trying only to polish songs that are relatively easy is fun but not challenging enough for us to develop new abilities to improve.

I have a song that I have been working on for a year that I never thought would come about, but it is now. This song that I have worked hard on, allows me to learn other songs that are easier much faster. Just do not put a deadline so you will not get frustrated with the song.

By the way you are not posting too much, nobody is. It is always interesting to view what people are working on. Everybody can learn from those videos.

Looking forward to see the next strip of the song

Hope you have a good year with your students

Marc

rapsidy

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:15 am

LOL what tony said :laugh:

It doesnt seem like this song is a challenge for you at all :)

I think you might need to find something harder, your playing this pretty easy already :cheer:

Brad

snipe

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:39 am

Wow.. looks complicated.. Looks like you wont have any trouble. Ditto what Marc said. I too would like to see how it plays out(I want to see you plugged in with a Les Paul ripping it) :laugh: . What do you teach?
Thanks for posting.
Mike

jayswett

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 am

A very good start, I'd say. If memory serves, this is a fairly long song, which will make this a good long term project as you said.

dennisg

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Way to go, Cori! Great job.

MarkM

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Nice song choice Cori. So far so good. Looking foward to seeing how this goes over time.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic