buddy

Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the input, I always appreciate your feedback,

Bud

jcrocket

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:48 am

Buddy -

Nice job as always. Really like the song choices you make.

I think you share my occasional tendency to speed up at times. I usually don't even realize I'm doing it until someone points it out, or I hear myself on a recording. Sometimes if I focus on a tempo just slightly slower than the actual song, I end up just about right.

Jeff

willem

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:07 am

Say howdy Buddy,,i must thank you that you started this song(it remembered me it was there).I'm now a junk that play's the riffs over and over and drive's everybody crazy here...(not realy)..''rock and roll never die-ie-ies''!!

something confuse me, i do have a songboek,,but we do more strumming on the singin? Image Image

buddy

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 am

Jeff,

As you pointed out, I do tend to speed a song up in the early stages of learning it because I tend to focus on getting to the next note. Good tip on slowing it down.

Bud

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:15 pm

buddy wrote:
Jay,

This is the set-up I am using. It is a Tascam interface and I use 1 mic for the guitar and 1 for vocals. I only use the headset as a feedback speaker to make sure I have the two mics balanced out. You can also run your amp into the interface as well.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=583089

Here is a link to the product page. It works very good for what I am using for. I run it off of my laptop with a webcam.

Jay, they also have this package avaialble with the mics. These are the same mics I am using. It is a pretty good deal for $200.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=241724

Bud
I am extremely interested in this set up and have researched reviews, the bundle gets rave reviews from the majority of owners. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be available from any store or supplier yet in NZ.

PS More importantly good work for this attempt at one of my favourite songs. I hadn't played this in months then after hearing you play I had a go, and damned if I couldn't get it right at all straight off. I had to slow down and play bar by bar then build up, funny that's what Neil keeps telling us, I guess good advice 'walk before we run', so that advice might apply also in your case Buddy. Great voice for NY songs really enjoy hearing you sing.

buddy

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Chas,

Thanks for the feedback, good advice on slowing down. Hope you kind find the bundle package as I think you would really enjoy recording with it.

Bud

buddy

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 pm

MarkM,

You were spot on about the extra beat in the intro. I have corrected this in the second take so thanks for picking this up !

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic