buddy learning MY MY HEY HEY guitar lesson

buddy

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:16 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I have always loved this song so I decided to give it a go. Sorry as it sounds like my guitar was a little out of tune. It still has some warts and I have not memorized the words yet, so any suggestion and comments would be greatly appreciated to help me move it along.

P.S. I sure love playing the guitar :woohoo:

Thanks,

Bud

Lavallee

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi Buddy, it sure sounds pretty good, you will have perfected in no time. There is just that little fill on the open F after the run down that seems to increase speed then it goes back to normal. Always like your singing.

Marc

tovo

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:48 am

Hey Bud. I agree with Marc your voice is always nice. I noticed that when you are doing the series of up-strums on the high notes you appear to speed up and it affects the timing a bit. Nothing too serious but I'm looking to give you something of value rather than just a "well done".

Cheers.

jayswett

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:04 am

I agree that you have some work to do on it, but for a first run, it's a reasonable effort. I have a question about your recording setup. It looks like you use three microphones. How do you create the recording? I have been chronically unhappy with my recording setup but haven't yet spent much time learning how to improve it. Both you and DennisG seem to have fairly advanced setups, from what I can tell.

MarkM

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:09 am

Bud,

Nicely done for a first pass. This song is a bit more complicated than it originally looks. It took me about a month of practice to feel comfortable with this one. Of course I wasn't trying to sing it at the same time like you are. (Great job there by the way!!) I found slowing it down to about 1/2 to 2/3 speed helped. Those individual notes make the song and need to be clear and loose with the appropriate up/downs. Again, harder than it looks. The second fill with the hammer on you did pretty good. I think on the first fill you have added an extra beat in there. Not sure. I'll have to watch it again. Just some observations. Othewise well done. I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

MarkM

buddy

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Jay,

This is the set-up I am using. It is a Tascam interface and I use 1 mic for the guitar and 1 for vocals. I only use the headset as a feedback speaker to make sure I have the two mics balanced out. You can also run your amp into the interface as well.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=583089

Here is a link to the product page. It works very good for what I am using for. I run it off of my laptop with a webcam.

Jay, they also have this package avaialble with the mics. These are the same mics I am using. It is a pretty good deal for $200.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=241724

Bud

buddy

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 pm

Tony,

As always, I appreciate your constructive feedback and encouragement.

buddy

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Howdy Marc,

Thanks for pointing out the tempo change for me. Appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Bud

buddy

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:11 pm

MarkM,

Thanks for the tips, I will go back and check out the extra beat as well. As yo pointed out, the rift was a little more challenging than I expected it to be as well.

Bud

BobR

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Buddy,
The only thing I seem to notice is the initial intro where you hit an open A string followed by a A7 strum and then individual A B C D notes to a G chord sounds a little off. Sounds to me you're going to the G chord too soon. Otherwise sounding good.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic