>> Todays Student Video review.. - Year of the Cat by Chris/Neverfoundthetime

TGMatt

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Today's student video review by Neil is now live for all Target members..

We review Year Of The Cat By Chris

You can check out the response by clicking the student video review tab

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt

michelew

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:01 am

Maybe I'm being daft, but I can't find this review in the normal place. Am I missing something?

willem

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:47 am

michelew wrote:
Maybe I'm being daft, but I can't find this review in the normal place. Am I missing something?
WE certainly missed something,,i think it's stocked in the pipeline!!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:12 am

michelew wrote:
Just as daft as me Michele! Probably a glitch or pipeline blockage ;-)

ffsooo3

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:00 am

Chris, Excellent job. I'd love to hear Neil's comment on this video as I don't see a flaw anywhere! I especially love your strumming technique (the way you rake your finger-nails over the strings to get multiple strums nearly simultaneously).

Lavallee

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:41 am

Chris , I submitted a ticket last night on this as I was looking for it. It should fixed soon.

Marc

thereshopeyet

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:46 am

Thanks

michelew

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 am

BTW Chris I really loved listening to this song again. I like your strumming style too. I should give that a go.

Is that your normal Tak or a new additiion to your guitar family. If new, what is it? It sounds very nice.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to the review too! Thanks Marc for putting the ticket in. Michele, its my CN60 with nylon strings which I've had for about 18 years now. Very easy to play compared to steel strings and especially to the 12 string! which I'm now having difficulty with as I haven't played if for a number of weeks. Ouch! The nylon allows me to "rake" my fingers as Daryl mentions which I like to do on such songs (trying to give it a Spanish flavour!). I grew up listening to my mum playing Spanish classical.

Found the review page here:
http://www.totallyguitars.com/master-me ... udentreply
and the pop up:
http://www.totallyguitars.com/response. ... -Chris.flv

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Well I enjoyed that, having your own personal lesson is a BIG treat! I'm fascinated by all of the subtleties that Neil is showing on this favourite of mine - so much more interesting than the really simple version I play. I've already sorted the little riff out and am looking forward to making the chord changes Neil suggests. I like that C7 change more and more as I listen to it. I'm really enjoying building a little more sophistication into my simple camp-fire strumming. Thanks Neil!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic