>> Todays Student Video review.. - Year of the Cat by Chris/Neverfoundthetime

ffsooo3

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Chris (and others), I'd love to see follow-up videos incorporating Neil's suggestions.....

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Only just got round to watching your version and then the review. What a bonus a mini lesson, great subtleties, that make a huge difference. I thought your version was really great , so if you've got the riff and the recommended changes down you have to repost soon you'll be hitting the stage very soon mate.

good on ya mate.

jcrocket

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Chris -

Like Chas, I just got around to watching your video and the review, and I'm sure glad I did. Very enjoyable all around. You have a great voice, with impressive range, and it fits this song perfectly.

As for the review, this may have been my favorite of all the ones I've seen so far, and that's saying a lot. It's fascinating hearing Neil discuss the ins and outs of a song in such detail - you can tell it's one of his favorites.

Jeff

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks Chas & Jeff.... I added all the suggestions Neil makes and it does sound really good that way and was able to play the parts while watching Match of The Day (soccer) this evening albeit slowly (the jump to and from the riff needs to be anchored at speed still) so maybe I could repost in a day or three.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic