tovo revisiting the Beatles Something - acoustic guitar

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:09 am

Hey Green Guy!

That version looked and sounded much better. It must have been the hat.... :)

I noticed you looked much more relaxed. Your barre chords were better, because your hand position was more perpendicular rather than at an angle. Marc is right that over the next few days, they will be less and less muted and start sounding cleaner. The other chords seem to be getting more comfortable for you as well. That is a sign of some good practice. Your hard work shows.... :)

I really think the mic was a nice add as well. The sound was MUCH better. I am thinking you are just about there. Great work my friend!

Jason

tovo

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks MJ,

One of my biggest problems I think is not allowing the notes to really ring out and creating a lot of "competing noise" (not a very techo term but the best I can think of right now) through not being accurate enough on the strum. What I am working on now is really shortening the range of motion to zero in on 2-3 strings at a time and try to get a much more crisp sound.

My other problem is that I am impatient. I think I have a good deal of work left to do which I should embrace.

Thanks for the comment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic