tovo revisiting the Beatles Something - acoustic guitar

tovo

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:47 am

Hey Michele. Thanks heaps. Yeah I definitely need to try some variation on that strumming. I'll keep working. The barres are fine in terms of playing them individually, no problem. I just need to work on my accuracy.

Willem my friend yes you are right. Rick knows his stuff. I'll continue to try and improve based on all these great tips and eventually post a 3rd installment. I will play with the angle of the pick as well. This is my new Norwegian Wood. Must be Beatles tunes eh! lol. Thanks for commenting you are always a great supporter.

dekotaj

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am

BRAVO!!!TONY,BRAVO!!!

What a beautiful song by the Beatles.And what a nice job of playing it.Looking forward to you singing it.

WOW.That guitar sounds fabulous,Good choice!

Kevin

wiley

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 am

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Cool progress and a great video documenting your diligent progress Tony... you certainly listen when the advice is dished out! The Tovo couch has disappeared and the hat is back - good moves ;-). Good on ya!

tovo

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Hey Kevin. Some time to go before I can hope to sing it. I've dabbled and find I can manage the verse OK but the bridge is touch for me. I just need to find the right key I guess. Anyway, 1st I need to learn to play it! Thanks for the encouragement.

Wiley. Thanks mate. Are you talking about a capo for NW or this? I can play NW OK now in the open position. I'm just not sure which tune you are suggesting a capo on?

Chris. Thanks man. Not much point in asking for feedback and ignoring it is there? But I sure do appreciate it that's for sure. Some way to go but heading in the right direction. Yes the "tovo crouch" is no more! Cheers mate.

wiley

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Craig

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:31 pm

Tony,
Great work! I admire your open mindedness in taking in the other members great advice and sincerely working on it. I think your first and second posting of "Something" exemplifies many of the things I find so awesome about this Target program and it's members. First, the heart felt advice received in a positve, non-critical fashion because people really want others to improve. Secondly, your willingness to accept it and really think about it (especially the hat! lol). Thirdly, your re-posting to show us all the improvement made in a very short time. Beside the lessons (obviously), I think this is the real value of this great site. So, thank you Tony...and all of you other members who constantly encourage.
Craig

tovo

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:49 am

Wiley no worries mate thanks for clarifying. I think my weakness lies simply in a lack of experience, which I can only address by continued practice and heeding advice. I don't struggle with any barre individually. I would say the B and C are the hardest barres and I can finger them both fine and get good tone, it's just the accuracy of fingering them during the tune that is my weakness right now if you understand what I'm saying. I often end up barring an extra string just through lack of accuracy putting the barre down.

Craig you are right mate. Listening to the better players and putting their advice into practice is a surefire way to improve. Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed by all the things I need to work on but if I can attack them in small groups it will help my playing enormously. Thanks for your positive vibe.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:25 am

Chris. Thanks man. Not much point in asking for feedback and ignoring it is there? But I sure do appreciate it that's for sure. Some way to go but heading in the right direction. Yes the "tovo crouch" is no more! Cheers mate.
I did very specifically say COUCH .... but, yeah! ;-)))

tovo

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:56 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I did very specifically say COUCH .... but, yeah! ;-)))
Oh OK...I just thought you couldn't spell! ;) All good. Serenity now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic