buddy learning MY MY HEY HEY 2 guitar lesson

buddy

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Willem,

I think I am catching that open "a" at .14 unless I am still not understanding your meaning ?

Bud

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:17 pm

buddy wrote:
Willem,

I think I am catching that open "a" at .14 unless I am still not understanding your meaning ?

Bud
I agree with Willem, I think anyway, that particular note seems to get absorbed too quickly into the strum of the next chord. Good progress though Buddy, isn't that what its all about!

buddy

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Chas no worries here. I am just trying to understand what Willem is expressing so that I can try t get it correct. Are you saying to hold that "a" note longer or is their a second "a" note that I am missing.

Thanks,

Bud

tovo

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey Budster! I didn't realise at first that this was a new upload. Anyway, I think it's much better. I do agree with Marc (who is far more technically competent than me) that the timing still races a little in parts but I'm sure you are onto that after his comments. I like that you have really made this your own and not tried to imitate Neil Young. You have a really unique and strong voice. Bravo mate.

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi Buddy, Just replayed it a few times over and I think its just maybe a timing thing, the last note in the run 'D' on the open string doesn't ring out on occasion it blends too quickly into the G chord, I see you play it almost like a passing note. You don't do it every time, the runs at the end come out a lot clearer. One other thing I note and something I have trouble getting down is certain times you need to play/pick/strum closer to the bridge and then move up over the sound hole to change the dynamics/tone, doing that would help I believe.

Good job all the same, you have a good transition to the dreaded F barre.

Good on ya mate.

willem

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Hey Bud(dy) i think it is the language(your's)(grammatical) i try to talk with you and is not soeasy for me,oke,,did you follow Neils lesson or do you play with the record NEIL YOUNG? when you follow the tab written by our Neil then you must understand what i mean, it is the last note picked out and then go strumming the Fmaj/A CHORD,THEN Am and sing the song,,I'm also talking in the normal tuning E-A-D-G-B-E.. and i hope to hear it,, maybe and i say maybe i vid it but then i play it very slow..

buddy

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Willem and Chas,

Thanks for following up on this. I think I am tracking with you now.

Bud

AcousticAl

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 am

Buddy,

Nice work here. You sure do have the pipes and I agree with Tony that you made this your own. One thing you might want to try is softening up on one verse- both voice and guitar. Would make for a nice change- maybe near the end?

Thanks for sharing.

cavi

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Metronome, your tempo seems to speed up and slow down at will. Maybe practice with a metronome and get it all the way down before trying so sing along?

buddy

Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Cavi,

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic