buddy learning THE THUNDER ROLLS guitar lesson

buddy

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:09 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I have always wanted to learn this song since I started playing the guitar. I had some fun with the special audio on it. I have been asked to play this at a little pub in town so any help you could give me to move it along would be greatly appreciated. I am a little nervous because I have never performed before an audience. If any experienced performers have any tips please pass them on !!!!!

Bud

jcrocket

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Buddy -

Man, that was really good. The guitar sounded great, and your singing was, as usual, top-notch. Enjoyed the effects as well.

Nice job.

Jeff

Lavallee

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Buddy, very good. I would applaud if was in the pub for your live show.

Looking forward to get the feedback from your experience.

Marc

snipe

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:47 pm

dude,
I think you gotta good voice.
hard to copy garth and play it public.
good luck! My hat is off to you to go there.
Mike

dtaylor

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Wow, it's too good for the pub.
It'll go down a storm!... (sorry)

willem

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:40 am

Bud(dy)dy),i saw and heard you on you tube,,my head say's good,good,,very good,,that's gonna be a blast of a show in the pub,,you get all free thrinks,, i like this song so much that i wanna learn it,(and it is of your performance)i give it even a try to translate it to my language..from who is the song??

ps the thunder effect on your vid was not to well,,maybe you must get some one who does this with a sort of thiny iron..but for the rest great playing(expressions,etc),,singin to,,i say its your best,but the others were good to..

buddy

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:08 am

Jeff, Marc, Mike and Dtaylor, Thanks for the feedback and the encouragement I am glad you enjoyed it.

Willem, Thanks for the feedback. The song is by Garth Brooks, he is country western singer.

I started on this song Friday so I have a week to really get it down. I am pretty nervous but I am going to have fun with it and wear my big black cowboy hat and boots. :laugh:

Bud

MarkM

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:36 am

Bud,

That is excellent for just starting this the other day. I think you have it all down and now just need to fine tune it a bit. You'll do great at the pub I'm sure!!! Good for you for having the guts to do it. I envy that. As always your voice on this was great. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing your final runthrough before next weekend.

MarkM

buddy

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:06 pm

MarkM, Thanks, I always appreciate your encouragement and constructive feedback.

Budster

tovo

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey Budster! Is this actually a Garth Brooks tune or did someone else do it first? I would say that you have a great voice as I have said many times and you play it fine. It will go down a treat at the pub, particularly with the cowboy hat!

My one point is that I prefer the phrasing of the version I have heard Garth Brooks do. You have made the tune your own and nothing wrong with that. I would like to hear you do it in the Brooks style for comparison. You might get a better reaction from a pub crowd if they are hearing a great voice like yours and the tune performed closer to what they have heard in the past.

Does that make any sense? If it comes over as critical, that's not my intent. I'm just talking about phrasing of the lyrics. If you chose to do it your way that's cool. It worked for Frank!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic