webostick Wild World (version 5) guitar lesson review upload

TGMike

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks again for all the input from everyone.

I tried some different things to improve audio recording, and I tried to sing into the microphone straight on and not off axis.

I went back to Neil's lesson. It helped with the timing on the fills, and the fingering (though I'm not comfortable yet with the pinky going to the low C on the descending fill run). And I tried the palm muting on the first two beats.

I think the fills/runs are getting better, but I need to study how Neil does the E suspended ("Baby I love you"). And the measure that leads into the chorus.

Also trying to unlearn 40 years of singing the lyric wrong --- "It's hard to get by JUST upon a smile."

Thanks for the help.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:59 pm

hey Wally. Much improved mate, much more fluid and the runs sounded much better for me as well. You are getting the lyrics down and sounding good as well.

Good stuff mate keep it up. You will have it absolutely nailed very soon.

MarkM

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Wally,

Great job!! You can certainly hear the improvement. Well done. I think your fills are really strong and clear. I just spent an hour on this song and have a long ways to go. Good job on the singing as well. One quick suggestion. when doing the G run at the end of the verse try catching all the strings (3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th) on beats 3 through 4. Keep doing what you are doing on beats one and two (hitting the 3rd and 4th strings) but add the full strum on 3 and 4 if that makes sense. I believe Neil has that in the lesson. Anyways great job on this!!! Hopefully I can get up a version of this later in the week when I have more time.

MarkM

Lavallee

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Wally, impressive improvement, voice and playing (much more confident).

Very nice

Marc

jcrocket

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Wally -

You're doing a great job with this song - the effort you're putting in is clearly bearing fruit. This song has always been special to me - I sang it to my daughter before she went away to college a couple of years ago, and we both still get a little misty every time we hear it.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more posts.

Jeff

AndyT

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Wally, Looking good. Much improved. May I suggest you Capo at the 2nd or 3rd fret? I think it will make it easier for you to sing it.

willem

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:29 am

Wally,much more great,,what a diffrence when you sing into the mike,,i alway's search for some covers done,,i add you to my favorite for to play along,,if you add the things you said by your self,,well your there,very well done..

AcousticAl

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:20 am

Wally,

This song is really coming along. Your fills seem very clean and there's no delay between them and your next chord. That's something I'm having a problem with right now.

I agree with Andy on the capo.

Also, I'd try even more palm muting on the bass notes if you're doing another upload.

dekotaj

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:34 am

Bravo!Sir,

Glad to here I was not the only one sing this song wrong all these years.Good job,and thanks for posting.

Kevin

RicksPick

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 am

Hi Wally
Nicely done
That's now on the list
Sounds great

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic