webostick learning to play Hey Hey My My acoustic guitar

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:42 pm

This is place holder. The next step is work on Neil's lesson and arrangement. I love all things Young.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 am

Nice job! I really like the expression you bring to this song along with your solid rhythm. To expected from a rail road engineer, eh? ;-) Well done!

willem

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:54 am

Wally,nice song to learn,,I'm on it to..This is place holder, i understand that..
My suggestions,,,Intro,,first slow done the tempo and make both riffs sound very clean and be sure to hit all the pickout notes(written on our Neil's tab) aspecily the intro second time i find the last pickout note(the open A,,in standard tuning)very important to be clean, also the strummings between the pickout notes are very important in his fakes and up's and downs
slow,slow it down(the intro)practicing to get the feel of the pickout notes and the strummings in his fakes and up's and down's,,Its almost the whole song...

cavi

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 pm

It sounds nice, but your arrangement is quite a bit different from neils if this is what you are going for then fine, if not revisit the music, and maybe play along with Neil for awhile?

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I realise this is your version and you intend taking on Neil Hogans lesson, but one point when covering great songs I believe certain parts shouldn't be changed, the signature riff at the start first part ok but the second part I think you end on a different note, I'm at work now so trying to recall what I viewed and listened to last night, will come back to you on this. But hey what a confident and steady strumming technique. Oh and finally maybe the placement of your mic could change as frequently your left hand disappears and we can't see it behind the mic.

Good luck with tackling Neils take on the song.

RicksPick

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:22 am

Thanks Wally

I enjoyed the slight differences to Neil's
Nice rhythm, looks as if you enjoyed that,
well me too

RicksPick

mbleier

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Hey man,
I was into this version. Neil has totally turned me onto this song. I love playing it, I love hearing it. I thought your version was great. It was definitely the song but you made it your own and I applaud you for that, I still stick to the way I'm shown.

Thanks again,
Mike

tovo

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I agree with the general consensus Wally, different version but I was diggin' it for sure. I'll be interested to see what you come up with next for this tune.

Thanks for the look.

Lavallee

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:40 pm

Wally very nice interpretation, songs can be played many different ways as long as the general idea remains. I find that your version could be something Neil might have played when he was with the Crazy Horse band.

Marc

AcousticAl

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:59 am

I liked it. You made it your own, but kept enough of the original to keep it true.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic