willem learning to play my my hey hey..intro acoustic guitar

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:19 pm

HI Willem, nice job very clearly picked notes on the run. I do believe I hear an extra bass note in measure/bars 6 and 13 of the runs though just before going into the Fmaj7. I checked against both Neil Hogan tab and Neil Young tab I have. That might be enough to create the timing issues others mention, although I didn't think timing to be a big deal with your video.

Nice sounding guitar and you're certainly getting the strum down in between the runs. Won't be long before you have this down completely.

Good on ya mate.

(Edit) PS on the Neil Hogan tab the extra note is there but on the Neil Young tab book its not there at all

willem

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Kevin,thanks,,i hope i rock the whole thing..
Mark,your right about that part,,it must be a little bit faster..thanks.

Chas,,thanks,,i have also a Neil Young tab book and that's alot diffrent as Neil Hogans tab,,it is even more diffrent as Neil Young play's it,but that is with tab written,,when i listen the cd ''rust never sleeps'' i hear that last bas note,only Neil Young play's that part a litlle quicker,i think he uses a pull/off also,,well you know how it is with his fingers,,he must do something with it..he as four and uses all of them..lol

Hydroman52

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Hey Willem

Good job. One thing that I have learned about Neil Young is that he always seems to change up his songs a bit every time he plays them. Just when you think you've got it down, he moves things around.

Hydroman52

Chasplaya

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:50 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Hey Willem

Good job. One thing that I have learned about Neil Young is that he always seems to change up his songs a bit every time he plays them. Just when you think you've got it down, he moves things around.

Hydroman52
This is very true of Neil Young's playing often different each time he plays, guess this keeps us on our toes trying to keep up..

Yamaha48

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:51 am

Hello Willem.
Thanks fore posting this nice video.
Its not easy,but you do a good thing.
I think,how longer you play the song
how better going.
Im looking forward to a update from this tune.

greetz your friend.Anton

willem

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks Hydroman and Anton,,,four fingers he,,we can make a lot of funny or crazy grips,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic