willem learning to play my my hey hey..intro acoustic guitar

tovo

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Sounds nice to me Willem. The bass run is very clean. Great tune isn't it? Look forward to more installments and a bit more singing. That little teaser sounded good.

Craig

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Willem,
I always leave the technical advice to the better players, I just want to say that you have a great start on getting this song down solid. Keep up the great work and share with us the final product. Thanks for posting this video.
Craig

willem

Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:46 am

Tony thanks,yeah great song(there are two he? into the bleu and into the black?), the singin,it was'nt realy a teaser,i must work on that..

Craig thanks for takin the time and comment,,what i often do is when there is a upload and don't know any, i go and watch the lesson or YT and try to understand the song,i know you are familair with the song and i hope to share with you the end result..

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:36 am

Hey Willem, that is coming alone just fine! Good work my friend. Nice sound coming out of your guitar and out of you. Please post again when you're where you want to be with it.

jayswett

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:19 am

Willem,
Sounds good. A timing issue here or there, but overall sounds like it's coming along. You have that down-up-down-up picking manuever down very nicely, which I had a hard time with as I was trying to learn Angie. I still have a hard time with it in fact, and watching your video makes me want to go back and have another go at it. I also wanted to mention that your video editing continues to push the limits as well. I like what you do with the beginnings of your videos. Great job all around.

willem

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:35 am

Thanks Chris and Jay,to Chris,well to hear out your mouth about my singin that encourage me, i do sing in choir but lead singin and guitar playing that's some diffrent,in time i shall try it; to Jay,what i do with some editing that is simple,,what you do and have down that is super: With ''Angie'' you can a litlle anchor your pinky and pickout the riffs,,to do without anchor that is very out a comfort zone i think,,its all in the air movement then and a great thing to master,,

AcousticAl

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:29 am

Hi Willem.

This is coming along well. Nice clean picking of the individual notes, and your strumming seems relaxed.

As others have said, there are a couple of timing issues. You'll see it when you play along with Neil (either Neil actually). :)

Thanks for posting.

willem

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:21 am

Thanks Al,,i'm very happy with the playing at this moment,,when i play it solo then i come away with i think,,when i play along with the Neil's ,man i'm out of time,lol..

dekotaj

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:53 am

BRAVO!!My friend,

Real good start,cant wait to see you do it when you get it finished.

Kevin

mark

Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Willem
I thought that sounded very good.
The individual notes are played very cleanly.

As others have said, there is a timing issue. I think it is the last of the melody notes coming in just a bit late

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic