willem learning to play my my hey hey..intro acoustic guitar

willem

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:33 am

Hello, i comment on a view uploads on this song,here is my version.

I began working on this song after Budster's upload,i find the intro riffs the importantst for the whole song with all his returns, the vers is more strumming the thing with some varity's in it,,i must work out that.. i can't play the whole thing yet..it is certainly not in my comfort zone to pickout the notes,that's more a ballad or folk/strum were i comfort with,,so it is very great chanlenge for me to sing and rock the whole thing and is a chanlenge in progress,,you are very welcome with comments and suggestions,thanks in advance..

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Lavallee

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:04 am

Hi Willem, it is looking good, your picking pattern (ups and downs) of the bass lines have the right direction, you are obviously reading the rhythm from the notation.

Good work

Marc

wiley

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:09 am

wiley

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:13 am

buddy

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:33 am

Willem,

This is coming together very nicely for you. As I discovered when learning it, the intro is a much more difficult than it appears and you are picking out the notes nice and clear. I look forward to seeing your progress on this.

Bud

BobR

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi Willem,

It seems to be coming along very nicely. I would only say I see a bit of a hesitation between a couple notes. Seems like you do it each time. Maybe that's correct and I have doing it wrong.

Good Job
Bob

willem

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Marc thanks,well i try reading and practice slwo to get the ups and down,but not a Neil young!!

WIley,,put up your famous poker face and hit that movie..

Bud,i wish i had your setup and the performance

Bob,, i think i know what you mean,but we have to take the time to hit right notes,i listen to,to Neil young and i'm happy with it,,can you tell at vid time were??
I think also that Neil Young fingers use pull/off's ,, i try to follow Neil Hogan's tab..

maybe we can discus some..

BobR

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi Willem,

I just watched and the best I can tell is at times 24, 34, 42, 51. I hope you understand what I mean.

Bob

dennisg

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:11 pm

I think you're doing a very nice job with that, Willem. I agree that there seems to be a hesitation before one of the notes that you repeat each time. So I'm thinking you probably intend to do that.

willem

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:19 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Willem,

I just watched and the best I can tell is at times 24, 34, 42, 51. I hope you understand what I mean.

Bob
Oke Bob, i was'nt espect it there,,after the last note picked there is a fake strum down,,make that since!!!!???? wel i think that gives the hesistion feel..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic